kallend

Android question

I have an android device (an R/C transmitter) to which I am trying to pair a Bluetooth keyboard (Logitech 380).

The device identifies the keyboard and requests me to enter a 6 digit PIN on the keyboard in order to pair. It then times out after 5 seconds! Occasionally I have managed to read the PIN, transfer attention to the keyboard, enter the 6 digits + "Enter" within 5 seconds, and even then the Android tells me the PIN is incorrect.

The keyboard pairs just fine with my iPhone, no PIN needed. The Android device also pairs just fine with a Bluetooth speaker.

Any suggestions?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

I have an android device (an R/C transmitter) to which I am trying to pair a Bluetooth keyboard (Logitech 380).

The device identifies the keyboard and requests me to enter a 6 digit PIN on the keyboard in order to pair. It then times out after 5 seconds! Occasionally I have managed to read the PIN, transfer attention to the keyboard, enter the 6 digits + "Enter" within 5 seconds, and even then the Android tells me the PIN is incorrect.

The keyboard pairs just fine with my iPhone, no PIN needed. The Android device also pairs just fine with a Bluetooth speaker.

Any suggestions?

Some devices use 000000 as the default. It's always worth a shot.

Bob_Church

***I have an android device (an R/C transmitter) to which I am trying to pair a Bluetooth keyboard (Logitech 380).

Any suggestions?

Some devices use 000000 as the default. It's always worth a shot.

It specifies the PIN to enter, different on each attempt. But I can try 000000, can't hurt.

EDIT: That didn't work either.

kallend

Any suggestions?

Out of curiosity; I looked at some of the information on that keyboard (looking to get one/similar myself). I don't know why its not connecting or the PIN issue involved. The YouTube Videos make it appear relatively easy. And, the only thing found on the support site might be: The K380 keyboard isn't compatible with a Logitech Unifying receiver, which uses Logitech Unifying wireless technology.

The support site also suggests that a lot of interference from other devices could be an issue.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

OK, problem solved. The Android device has a SD card in a slot. On a whim, I removed the SD card and tried pairing again. This time it behaved normally and the keyboard paired OK.

Go figure!