Bob_Church

video of Satan 2 launch

OK so Putin displays his missile - impressive if what he say it will do is actually true.

I remember a friend of mine in an electrical family (dad and 3 brothers all electrical experts of one kind or another told me years ago. All of them were electricians except one brother who was state of the art hi-tech electrical engineer and worked many years on an atoll in the middle of the Pacific for our government on top secret projects.

Youngest brother kept asking what his hi-tech brother worked on and was never told a thing except that whatever he thought the US was capable of just multiply that many times to get near the truth that few will ever know before it's obsolete.

So, I am not overly worried about Russia's newest claim -

wan2doit

whatever he thought the US was capable of just multiply that many times to get near the truth that few will ever know before it's obsolete.

I can't tell if that comment is a nod to the tin foil hat people or a patriotic battle cry.

Calvin19

*** whatever he thought the US was capable of just multiply that many times to get near the truth that few will ever know before it's obsolete.

I can't tell if that comment is a nod to the tin foil hat people or a patriotic battle cry.

I just thought it was a cool video, and I'm surprised that nobody came up with the lifting ring earlier. The first time I saw it was on a Topol M and it seems like such an obvious way to launch a missile from a tube or silo.

As far as my last remark goes - when nukes get thrown everyone will be suffering badly afterwards.

No Winners IMHO

If that ever happens it will not be US versus Russia. They will be uneasy allies against another force. Just like the last time.

gowlerk

As far as my last remark goes - when nukes get thrown everyone will be suffering badly afterwards.

No Winners IMHO

If that ever happens it will not be US versus Russia. They will be uneasy allies against another force. Just like the last time.

I've always figured that Putin will use one eventually, just to do it. The trick will be finding a target that won't start Armageddon and possibly trickier, some place that he doesn't want to own. He could let a top secret radio communication leak that he and his top anti-Chechyan and anti-Isis commanders were on a flight back from somewhere but plane trouble caused them to put down in the Syrian desert. Then watch via satellite from the comfort of his office as that area fills up then Push the Button.

gowlerk

The trick will be finding a target that won't start Armageddon and possibly trickier, some place that he doesn't want to own.

Mecca, but I think we just moved into SC territory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pakistan is a nuclear power and largely a Muslim nation. So striking Mecca might not be a good idea.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

The trick will be finding a target that won't start Armageddon and possibly trickier, some place that he doesn't want to own.

Mecca, but I think we just moved into SC territory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pakistan is a nuclear power and largely a Muslim nation. So striking Mecca might not be a good idea.

Who said anything about a "good idea"?