Bob_Church

Speaking of bad bad movies

ryoder

I had a GF who just absolutely hated it when I would start singing the first few lines of "Sweet Transvestite".:D
Hell, she had seen it twice, (once just us, and the second time she brought another couple).
It was like she thought I was really going to become a transvestite.

:D:D "I'm going to belt you on the mouth and mouth you on the belt." :o Now THAT'S a helluva line too. :S:D

Nataly

***There's no way I can accurately describe 'The Room'
I'll have to let it speak for itself.

The Room takes "bad" to a whole new level - I love it. I was so excited when I heard Seth Rogen was a fan and wanted to do a movie about it. I showed The Room to my boyfriend a few months ago and when we get a bit of time we are very much looking forward to watching The Disaster Artist together. Franco is incredible at imitating Wiseau and from several side-by-side YouTube videos the attention to detail is amazing.

I. Can't. Wait!!!! :)
How about... Tommy Wiseau as The Joker?:D:D:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjFxgHedgM
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******There's no way I can accurately describe 'The Room'

The Room takes "bad" to a whole new level - I love it. I was so excited when I heard Seth Rogen was a fan and wanted to do a movie about it. I showed The Room to my boyfriend a few months ago and when we get a bit of time we are very much looking forward to watching The Disaster Artist together. Franco is incredible at imitating Wiseau and from several side-by-side YouTube videos the attention to detail is amazing.

Damn. And of course he's dead serious.

Bob_Church

*********There's no way I can accurately describe 'The Room'

Did you see the comment below the video: "Wiseau serious?"
:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

************There's no way I can accurately describe 'The Room'

Did you see the comment below the video: "Wiseau serious?"
:D

I haven't gone to a movie in a theater in almost 15 years (true), but I might wait to see if this comes on Netflix for free.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I just watched "The Disaster Artist":
Something that really caught me off guard was all the big name actors/actresses who showed up to do bit parts.
eg Melanie Griffith, Sharon Stone, Bob Odenkirk, Bryan Cranston, and more.
James Franco is so good at playing Tommy, that you forget that isn't really Tommy.

At the end of the film, it goes split screen, playing what I thought were different takes of scenes.
Then I realized they were really playing identical scenes from "The Room" and "The Disaster Artist" side-by-side!
The recreation was that perfect!

BTW, when you get to the credits, don't turn off the movie!
Just enjoy the music, and wait;
There is a post-credit scene that is hilarious!!!:D

Crap movie: Churchhill. 90 minutes of an arrogant prick smoking a cigar while violin music plays. Got so tired of the same scenes playing over and over. Grumpy, arrogant jerk with a good vocabulary who yells and shouts - (also a dick to his wife if the story of the movie is to believed) and an impediment and an obstacle to clear-headed decision makers. Rather watch paint dry. Or watch cement harden. OK I get it. He is a grumpy loud mouth. As he was in real life, I guess. Movie could have been 15 minutes long. Did Oldman play the part well? Yes. Is it a movie worth 90 minutes of anyone's time? No.

Well, if we're discussing bad movies, I'd like to bring a few Golden (if rather tarnished) oldies into the mix:

You'll have to search for them, but this is my favourite Bad Movie Night shortlist:

"Samurai Cop"
A film which does not only contain painfully bad fighting scenes and laughable acting, but which is so low budget that they actually have to "recycle" the bad guys who get slaughtered by the hero.

"Surf nazi's must die"
At the beginning some kid is killed for no apparant reason. Then a whole load of absolutely nothing starts happening, with several rather abrupt interruptions with random surfing footage which has no apparant connection whatsoever to what is supposed to be the story. Then, some ten minutes from the end, the grandmother of the kid who died in the beginning picks up a gun and kills everyone.
On second thought, just watch the trailer on Youtube - it contains all the lowlights of the film, but has the major saving grace of being rather short.

"Leonard Part Six"
Starred and produced by Bill Cosby, directed by Paul Weiland, this movie is one huge hommage to Cosby's supposed genius as a comedian. Though Cosby came to his senses shortly before its release and tried to distance himself from it, Weiland pushed ahead. The movie tanked painfully, mostly because the only ingredient lacking for it to be an epic comedy is in fact any trace amount of humour.

"The toxic avenger"
Deary, deary me....
Bad acting, gratuitous nudity, awful special effects, wafer thin plot - need I go on?

Anything parodied by Movie Theater 3000 (series).
The story: Some dude is for whatever reason trapped in space by whomever. Just skip ahead until the main movie.
Snide comments and funny commentaries included!
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

How about: Attack of the Killer Bimbos

One of our very own starred in it... None other than Mike Muscat.

Oh the movie was bad, no doubt, accentuated by a poolside scene of Mike in a speedo. :S:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Baksteen

Anything parodied by Mystery Science Theater (MST)3000 (series).
The story: Some dude is for whatever reason trapped in space by whomever. Just skip ahead until the main movie.

FIFY. ;)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

FIFY. ;)

I'm so used to seeing Mystery Science Theater that I couldn't figure out what you were referring to. It took three or four rereads before my mind quit filling in with a correction. It's sort of like "Invasion of The The Eye Creatures."

TriGirl

FIFY. ;)

Whoops. Thanks :)

More bad movies, some of which used to have quite a cult status but just can't cut it anymore when viewed with 2018-eyes:

The stuff
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Sharknado II
Sharktopus

Kung Pow! Enter the fist. This is a parody on a bad movie, which tries too hard and therefore fails utterly. Shame, because the concept is actually pretty good. Wee-oo-weee-oo!
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

These have all been good suggestions but...
Pink Flamingos

From Rotten Tomatoes;
"Featuring murder, bestiality, rape, dismemberment, coprophagia, a dizzying variety of sexual perversions, and a performance of "Papa Oom Mow Mow" you will not soon forget, Pink Flamingos is nonetheless a comedy, and a surprisingly successful one; shot on a budget of only 12,000 dollars, the film has grossed close to ten million dollars around the world, and its success launched John Waters into a career as America's leading authority on poor taste."

That $12,000 must have included a new Cadillac for John Waters.
Alcohol never really solved any problems. But then again, neither did milk.