wmw999

I'm famous

I've been mentioned on national radio (NPR).

I submitted a quiz to the NPR show Says You that involves skydiving (which is why it's here). I only did 4 of the sports -- the other two that I submitted weren't used, and they substituted fencing and ping-pong. I don't remember what the other two categories were that I substituted, but it really doesn't matter.

What matters is -- I stumped the heck out of the panelists (it's a quiz show about words). Only the skydiving was guessed before the last question ;)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I've been mentioned on national radio (NPR).

I submitted a quiz to the NPR show Says You that involves skydiving (which is why it's here). I only did 4 of the sports -- the other two that I submitted weren't used, and they substituted fencing and ping-pong. I don't remember what the other two categories were that I substituted, but it really doesn't matter.

What matters is -- I stumped the heck out of the panelists (it's a quiz show about words). Only the skydiving was guessed before the last question ;)

Wendy P.

Well done, now I have to search NPR and see if it's online.

Bob_Church

***I've been mentioned on national radio (NPR).

Wendy P.

Must be a local show, not listed on the NPR website. But I found it here:

http://www.saysyouradio.com/listen-now/

gowlerk

******I've been mentioned on national radio (NPR).

Wendy P.

Must be a local show, not listed on the NPR website. But I found it here:

http://www.saysyouradio.com/listen-now/

I got worried because I thought the first one was for skydiving and I didn't recognize a single term.

oldwomanc6

Which one is it?
That link just gives a list of episodes.

Information close to the source told me it will podcast this Friday, but it may be broadcast on other days also.

I'm assuming when gowlerk said he "found it here", that was referring to the program not the episode.
ICBR

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james

Yeah, it should be on the podcast Friday. If you go to http://www.saysyouradio.com/find-a-station/ you can select an airing once you find that station’s online radio.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Yeah, it should be on the podcast Friday. If you go to http://www.saysyouradio.com/find-a-station/ you can select an airing once you find that station’s online radio.

Wendy P.

I listened to it the night you posted. I found a site that had the previous episodes and said I could listen to that one after 10pm, which I did. I need to see if I can find it again.

edit: in case I don't get back later here's where I found it.

https://tunein.com/radio/Says-You-p480/

Now I can't remember if I had to wait until after 10 to hear all the episodes or that days.