Bob_Church

Well, that's going to stay with him

There are many ways to do something like this, but this guy seems to have gone straight for the worst. And from the way he's talking I don't think he gets the down side. It's like in the James Bond movie when they've just got him back from North Korea and Michael Madsen's character says something like "look at him, he still thinks he's a hero."

Every time I read the article I'm more amazed.

"Rewind to November 2017 and Arsalan was a member of a WhatsApp group with other people in the university's Bracton Law Society
But the tone of the messages turned nasty - and Arsalan decided to post some of them to Facebook.
They were shared thousands of times."

http://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-43987148

Whatsapp is social media. Even in a private group. These people are old enough to know that anything they post has a chance of being disseminated. Either to potential employers, the general public, or the university dean. If you don't want people to know what you think don't post it. Everyone needs to understand that.

Will Arsalan suffer negative consequences? Maybe, maybe not. Should he? I'm not entirely sure. I'd need to see the totality of the stuff posted to decide for myself.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.