1 1
JohnnyMarko

1 year sober

May 5th, 2018 marks 1 year clean from drugs and alcohol for me. It’s been a tough, exciting, and challenging year, but I feel so proud of myself for the changes I’ve made.

I’ve lost 40lbs, started a new job that I actually enjoy going to, started sport climbing again, saved thousands of dollars, and marriage for my partner and I is on the horizon. All those things were thrown away for me over a year ago, and they are mine again.

I haven’t made a skydive since 2012. 2019 just may be the year I get back in the sky.
  • Like 1

JohnnyMarko

May 5th, 2018 marks 1 year clean from drugs and alcohol for me. It’s been a tough, exciting, and challenging year, but I feel so proud of myself for the changes I’ve made.

I’ve lost 40lbs, started a new job that I actually enjoy going to, started sport climbing again, saved thousands of dollars, and marriage for my partner and I is on the horizon. All those things were thrown away for me over a year ago, and they are mine again.

I haven’t made a skydive since 2012. 2019 just may be the year I get back in the sky.

Well done. I look forward to reading about your second year of success. And no doubt that you will make it.

Bob_Church

***May 5th, 2018 marks 1 year clean from drugs and alcohol for me. It’s been a tough, exciting, and challenging year, but I feel so proud of myself for the changes I’ve made.

Well done. I look forward to reading about your second year of success. And no doubt that you will make it.

+1, Drugs, alcohol, gambling and other addictions destroy everything great about life.

You’ve earned that great feeling. It’s your life, but you have to live it, not just let it happen.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

riggerrob

Congratulations.
My life has gotten much easier since I sobered up 22 years ago.

Everyday of my life since August 10th 1990 has been better and better. One day at a time it continues to be so.:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?
  • Like 1

Happy FUCKING Birthday!!!!!! Its glows in the dark so you don't have tooo!!!!

02/10/2002 all that I am and all that I have I owe to NA without the 12 steps id have been dead

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

(edited)

Congratulations on your success. As for me...I had to stop. Doctor's orders, dontcha know. Never abused anything except spirits (and being here in Italy that meant years of liver-quivering joy). However, atrial fibrillation is G*d's way of saying you drink too much :D. So, yeah, I stopped, don't miss it, and after a year of being dry, as it were, I've got a 34" waist, can run 5km in under 35 minutes, and thanks to weightlifting, I've got guns. The BP med I was taking is now a half-dose, and the GP I saw last week said that if I drop a couple more kilos I can stop taking it altogether. Big change from where I was three years ago.

So good for you. It was fun while it lasted, but hey, we still get to skydive. Don't get me wrong, though - I'll still buy beer if the situation calls for it, just don't expect me to pop one for myself, unless it's a non-al B|

Edited by Guest
spelling

On 5/7/2019 at 3:08 PM, TriGirl said:

We still haven't heard from Johnny for this year's update

It could be that he's not logged in. So far, my experience with this new platform has been, 1) not to receive any notifications while logged out, 2) to only receive notifications if someone uses the quote selection, and 3) no email notifications received at all. I do have all the selection switches set to on and reported it right after the migration - but it's not been addressed as of yet.