hcsvader

Cortisone injection

Hi all.

Just had my left shoulder done with a cortisone injection to treat bursitis.
This is a work related injury, not jumping, I'm a welder so I spend a lot of time working with my arms above my head. Few hours later I feel way better.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this done and how you found the results.

I'm off work for at least another week to see how this treatment respond but so far so good, looking forward to being able to sleep without pain!
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I've had 2 cortisone injections in my right knee due to a motorbike accident when i was 16, many years ago, it was either a total knee replacement or the injections, first one i had worked amazing and totally stopped the pain for a long time, earlier this year just before i started my AFF i had another in the same knee, this one has hardly touched it, and i also passed out in the doctors chair, so now i'm just having to put up with the pain.

Hope yours carries on working good for you though :)

I've had it done for the very same reason and it helped. However, it will come back without physical therapy. See a physical therapist. You will be surprised how much and how quickly it helps.

You don't have to go for months of treatment. Just tell them you can't get away from work and you can only go a few times. They will teach you how to do it on your own.

I had one in my left shoulder and the pain was gone for a few months. My issue ended up needing surgery, but the cortisone injection allowed me to get through the summer and some travel that I had planned pain free.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I had one about three weeks ago. My right hip would get so painful by evening that I could hardly walk. One cortisone shot and it hasn't hurt since. My wife got one a couple of years ago for her knee. They told her they'd probably have to repeat it every six months or so but the results were good enough to make it worthwhile, but she still hasn't needed it. Cortisone seems to be a genuine miracle drug.

edit: now for my right shoulder. Sigh. I have a pre-existing condition called surviving while playing too hard for too many years.

hcsvader

Hi all.

Just had my left shoulder done with a cortisone injection to treat bursitis.
This is a work related injury, not jumping,

Two cortisone injections both related to swimming. They've (mostly) worked for me, but in addition I also need to correct muscle imbalances.

I've found that when things are out of balance from swimming, rock climbing is a good antidote, to strengthen the muscles not used in swimming.

The shot itself was nothing, 5 minute procedure.
Was a little stiff yesterday but the pain is way less than it was before, need to let it rest for a couple more days then start strength training.

Also Medicare covered everything so that was good.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

hcsvader

The shot itself was nothing, 5 minute procedure.
Was a little stiff yesterday but the pain is way less than it was before, need to let it rest for a couple more days then start strength training.

Also Medicare covered everything so that was good.

Cool, thanks
We need to catch up it's been a while :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You have it easy! I've had two neuromas removed from one foot, with a history of getting them in both feet. The treatment (before deciding on surgery) is a shot of cortisone mixed with lidocaine directly into the nerve.

Okay, so it wasn't as bad as I'm sure everyone is thinking...(Wish I could see all of your reactions!), but all that fluid pushed into a small space between bones made for an achy couple of hours.[:/] If it didn't start eating away the tissue around the injection site upon multiple treatments, it would have saved me from having those two removed (it did work on the others -- they cleared up after a couple of treatments).

T

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!