kallend

SCUBA in the Keys - recommendations?

Iago

I have a week in the FL Keys coming up. Any recommendations for SCUBA sites?

The diving off Key West proper is rather mediocre. However, if you're an advanced diver the Vandenburg has options. It goes down to 140 but the top structure is reachable by regular rec divers.

Marathon and Key Largo has preserves but I haven't seen those myself.

The reefs up north end like Pennecamp although a preserve tend to get crowded. I prefer the reefs southwest of Marathon. The Sombrero reef is good but the patch reefs inside of that are great. And if wrecks are your thing Check out the Thunderbolt.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sombrero+reef+florida+keys&id=1B54CA570162B67013D454719D1BC4B15DD8AAB7&FORM=IARRTH

Amazon

I have a week in the FL Keys coming up. Any recommendations for SCUBA sites?

The diving off Key West proper is rather mediocre. However, if you're an advanced diver the Vandenburg has options. It goes down to 140 but the top structure is reachable by regular rec divers.

Marathon and Key Largo has preserves but I haven't seen those myself.

The reefs up north end like Pennecamp although a preserve tend to get crowded. I prefer the reefs southwest of Marathon. The Sombrero reef is good but the patch reefs inside of that are great. And if wrecks are your thing Check out the Thunderbolt.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sombrero+reef+florida+keys&id=1B54CA570162B67013D454719D1BC4B15DD8AAB7&FORM=IARRTHWas going to second that. About Marathon. The reef about 10 miles out is pretty cool. Just found out Knights Key Campground sold out to the rich bastards tho. Stayed there many times. Sucks. http://www.flkeysnews.com/news/local/article160896869.html[:/]>:([:/] Amazon. Heading to Fl. soon. Found a 40 foot boat that would make a perfect dive boat. Needs some work tho. Will buy it possibly. Know in 2 weeks. :)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

DJL

Find an outfit that'll bring you out spearfishing for lionfish. Delicious reward and you help to hold off an invasive.

There is something so satisfying about a lion fish killing you-tube video. Especially where the divers fill those zoo-keepers. Until where 40-50 used to be, none can be found.

Phil1111

***Find an outfit that'll bring you out spearfishing for lionfish. Delicious reward and you help to hold off an invasive.

There is something so satisfying about a lion fish killing you-tube video. Especially where the divers fill those zoo-keepers. Until where 40-50 used to be, none can be found.

Ha, I watch those. I'd like to go do that sometime and finish the day with a stack of lion fish meat, an open grill, salt pepper, butter, lemon.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher