Amazon

Lois Lane... RIP

Amazon

I first saw her back when Quackser Fortune came out and have always liked her. I know she had a lot of emotional problems but I think that's always close to the surface with artists, whatever their discipline. Some are just luckier with it than others. I really hope she found some happiness in the last years.

oldwomanc6
I'm surprised she made it this long; from what I understood, she was bat shit crazy.

RIP.

Well, I mean, Superman lost his grip on her and she went into freefall. I'm sure that's enough to make anyone bat shit crazy. :D

Her mental issues were well documented. Hope she's found peace.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance
I'm surprised she made it this long; from what I understood, she was bat shit crazy.

RIP.

Well, I mean, Superman lost his grip on her and she went into freefall. I'm sure that's enough to make anyone bat shit crazy. :D

Her mental issues were well documented. Hope she's found peace.

Way back, I'm talking about a savage and barbaric time before HBO, let alone VCRs and Video Disks, I would walk uptown to the theater because I was in the mood to see a movie. I'd find out what it was as I bought my ticket. One weekend evening it was "Quackser Fortune has a Cousin in the Bronx." which turned to be a pleasant enough movie, but it was Saturday night in a college town so the crowd was a bit boisterous, if you know what I mean. I was watching a film with a bunch of drunken college kids and I'd had a few myself. It was a good time.
Now, there must have been an article or something somewhere promising that this new young actress was going to get topless.
These guys were definitely expecting it and towards the end of the movie started making angry and disappointed little remarks. Then, cut to a very quiet scene in a cluttered room. A very cluttered room and in the center sitting sideways was a high backed chair, the sort you can sort of disappear into. The camera pans to the right. It took everyone a good ten seconds to realize that she was sitting there with her breasts exposed. One guy yelled, loud, in a very surprised voice "hey, there it is!" and then the whole theater was drowned in laughter.

There was a strip from the Bloom County comic strip where a movie theater usher confronts Opus and his furry companion with a flashlight asking "who was it yelling "take it off, Lois?" and they both pointed at the other "he did" LOL

I tried finding that one online to no luck.

Bloom County and Calvin and Hobbes are the two greatest comic strips ever. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

There was a strip from the Bloom County comic strip where a movie theater usher confronts Opus and his furry companion with a flashlight asking "who was it yelling "take it off, Lois?" and they both pointed at the other "he did" LOL

https://www.gocomics.com/bloom-county/2015/11/09

Both our avatars are homage to Calvin and Hobbes. Two great strips for sure. Bloom County is still going, on FB.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

BillyVance

And Bloom County already had Trump pegged all those years ago.

Did you know Berkeley Breathed is active on his FB page and releasing new Bloom County work regularly?

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=berkeley%20breathed%27s%20bloom%20county
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

SethInMI

***There was a strip from the Bloom County comic strip where a movie theater usher confronts Opus and his furry companion with a flashlight asking "who was it yelling "take it off, Lois?" and they both pointed at the other "he did" LOL

https://www.gocomics.com/bloom-county/2015/11/09

Both our avatars are homage to Calvin and Hobbes. Two great strips for sure. Bloom County is still going, on FB.

Man, my memory isn't what it used to be. But great comics nonetheless.

gowlerk

Did you know Berkeley Breathed is active on his FB page and releasing new Bloom County work regularly?

j

I let them build up until they come out in a book then "get it for my wife" for Christmas.

Bob_Church

j

I let them build up until they come out in a book then "get it for my wife" for Christmas.

That's what my family used to do. Get the newest book every year. Started out with Garfield the cat comics, then Calvin & Hobbs and Bloom County took over and we didn't ever get anything else.