keithbar

Skydiving weedwacker commercial

Bob_Church

***Anyone else seen this Home Depot commercial? :)

That's quite an ad. I wonder how affective it is since you'd pretty much have to be a skydiver to know how difficult that would be.Looks dangerous. Extra line flying everywhere. Wonder if they dropped it or stowed it before deployment. :S
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

billvon

New idea for a big way record - everyone in a wacker has to actually carry a weed wacker. Bet that category doesn't even exist yet, so the first one will be a piece of cake.

Better yet ... everyone that has the 'cat' position has to have a real cat. You don't have to worry they will fall off, they will dig the claws in. Hence no de-clawed cats unless you want extra points.

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james

skyjames

***New idea for a big way record - everyone in a wacker has to actually carry a weed wacker. Bet that category doesn't even exist yet, so the first one will be a piece of cake.

Better yet ... everyone that has the 'cat' position has to have a real cat. You don't have to worry they will fall off, they will dig the claws in. Hence no de-clawed cats unless you want extra points.

That reminds me the cat chasing championship story in Bedtime Stories for Skydivers. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

akarunway

******Anyone else seen this Home Depot commercial? :)

That's quite an ad. I wonder how affective it is since you'd pretty much have to be a skydiver to know how difficult that would be.Looks dangerous. Extra line flying everywhere. Wonder if they dropped it or stowed it before deployment. :S

Huh? Looks mildly more (or even less) of an issue that a Freefall flag jump, or hoop jump.

Nice work from the stunt team! Do we know who the jumpers were (DZ was Perris)?
Remster

BillyVance

******New idea for a big way record - everyone in a wacker has to actually carry a weed wacker. Bet that category doesn't even exist yet, so the first one will be a piece of cake.

That reminds me the cat chasing championship story in Bedtime Stories for Skydivers. :D

Cat Chasing was a pretty good story, but the one that followed, 'Cat Stacking' was even better.
In fact, that whole book is pretty awesome.

FWIW, the store at SDC had a few copies left last year.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>Better yet ... everyone that has the 'cat' position has to have a real cat.

Purists will insist that everyone in the cat has to carry a caterpillar, since that's where the name came from. But the cat thing would be more fun. (Of course, looking at history, the skydiver often gets the worst of that particular tandem combination.)

billvon

>Better yet ... everyone that has the 'cat' position has to have a real cat.

Purists will insist that everyone in the cat has to carry a caterpillar, since that's where the name came from. But the cat thing would be more fun. (Of course, looking at history, the skydiver often gets the worst of that particular tandem combination.)

Ahhh yes.

Fireball.

B|
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

akarunway

******Anyone else seen this Home Depot commercial? :)

I remember when Gary Westmoreland flew in fifth and had a roadkill squirrel in his hand. What I never figured out was how he hid it during the climb with five jumpers in a C182.

Several years ago, some dude at a Skyride owned DZ took a live chicken tethered to his wrist into freefall. Poor bastard just flailed around. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban