Bob_Church

Truth in advertising, prison style

An old skydiving buddy is 19.5 years into a 12 to 40 in West Virginia and me and another old skydiving buddy visit him as often as we can. They recently transferred him to another prison and when we got there last Saturday I noticed something and had to get a photo of it.

prison.jpg

Bob_Church

An old skydiving buddy is 19.5 years into a 12 to 40 in West Virginia and me and another old skydiving buddy visit him as often as we can. They recently transferred him to another prison and when we got there last Saturday I noticed something and had to get a photo of it.

You and Mike both. He's coming up on year 20 and his fourth parole hearing this coming January.

Bob_Church

***An old skydiving buddy is 19.5 years into a 12 to 40 in West Virginia and me and another old skydiving buddy visit him as often as we can. They recently transferred him to another prison and when we got there last Saturday I noticed something and had to get a photo of it.

You and Mike both. He's coming up on year 20 and his fourth parole hearing this coming January.

What was he in for, again?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

******An old skydiving buddy is 19.5 years into a 12 to 40 in West Virginia and me and another old skydiving buddy visit him as often as we can. They recently transferred him to another prison and when we got there last Saturday I noticed something and had to get a photo of it.

What was he in for, again?

In 1971 he hijacked a plane in the Pacific Northwest and bailed out with about $125k. They didn't catch him until 1999.

Ok, he's doing time for felonious stupidity with a female minor.

Some of you may know him, though it's been awhile. He was part of the greatest skydiving mystery ever, one that makes DB Cooper seem trivial. How did Mig Fernandez, one of the most together guys ever and an incredible skydiver, become partners with Mike Province, a man who's closest shot at skydiving immortality is in the form of a letter attached to the AFF program simply titled "This must never happen again!"
Every time Mig would get the place, West Virginia Skydivers at Jackson County Wv airport, going Mike would bring it crashing down. I always assumed it must be something like on Gilligan's Island where the backstory is that Gilligan saved the Skipper''s life in the war. It's the only thing that makes any sense.
And yes, the idea of visiting someone who's done something so inexcusable feels conflicting, but as Hoyt Axton said "and he'll always be another one of us"

https://apps.wv.gov/OIS/OffenderSearch/DOC/Offender/Details?Id=BFgcfPo7UpgydcGQg2rCm%2Fi1bi9Fw9nnSgUPHNwgrPqZPD7XB63WvNB7RyrnHpvignS8tVi3fZFUGGdEYNlyPk0019uFlcWJCaWnmmdxyKqMZtHhbdnL4t8qTLwksrh0273cX4bth5jX7dNT5F37WEWsU%2FkTNtW2B2nu4lZXCVU%3D