1 1
NovaTTT

Is DB Cooper-ing a DZ.com Crime?

Apparently he's been identified, but I wonder if posting about DB is still a criminal offense? :ph34r:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/the-search-for-db-cooper-investigators-say-theyve-confirmed-skyjackers-identity-by-decoding-long-lost-confession/ar-AAzi4Zb?li=BBnb7Kz

"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

akarunway

statue of limitations?

Nope.

They filed charges before the SoL ran out. Once charges are filed, the 'clock' stops ticking.

Even though they didn't have his real name, they filed the charges against 'the person who boarded the plane as Dan Cooper" or something similar.
I'm not 100% sure that would stand up, but I'm not a lawyer.

I'm pretty sure this guy was ruled out. He was brought up in the epic (and now locked) thread.
Maybe 377 will chime in. He's very knowledgeable on the case.

Edit to add: A quick search found a post or two. Rackstraw would have been 28 in 1971. None of the witnesses put Cooper that young.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***statue of limitations?

Nope.

They filed charges before the SoL ran out. Once charges are filed, the 'clock' stops ticking.

Even though they didn't have his real name, they filed the charges against 'the person who boarded the plane as Dan Cooper" or something similar.
I'm not 100% sure that would stand up, but I'm not a lawyer.

I'm pretty sure this guy was ruled out. He was brought up in the epic (and now locked) thread.
Maybe 377 will chime in. He's very knowledgeable on the case.

Edit to add: A quick search found a post or two. Rackstraw would have been 28 in 1971. None of the witnesses put Cooper that young.

Well, he would likely have had a disguise on, that could have made him look a little older, perhaps. But if not, then no it probably wasn't Rackstraw. Only way to verify is a DNA test. There were a few items left behind by the hijacker, IIRC.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Mystery solved yet again: https://www.oregonlive.com/expo/news/erry-2018/11/e18eba2aa14557/new-suspect-in-db-cooper-skyja.html

At least this is a whole new suspect, and he actually looks like the artist sketch.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.