keithbar

Anyone know about Coca Cola bottle collectors ?

I have a Coca Cola bottle from Petersburg va. Circa 1895 -1916. The 1st coke bottle that wasn’t brown glass and used a crimp on “ crown” cap instead of a cork stopper At 9 years old I bounced a bunch of B.B. gun ammo off it .was curious why it wouldn’t break and dug it up .
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

0C321109-FB95-42E3-A141-2EB19CAE1BBD.jpeg

Nice! The oldest bottle I have, unopened, is a Bear Bryant 315 win commemorative. I also have a couple of unopened six packs celebrating Alabama's 1992 National Championship in its 100th year of football.

Though yours could be worth a good bit if there are no cracks or chips off the glass.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

Nice! The oldest bottle I have, unopened, is a Bear Bryant 315 win commemorative. I also have a couple of unopened six packs celebrating Alabama's 1992 National Championship in its 100th year of football.

Though yours could be worth a good bit if there are no cracks or chips off the glass.

Billy beer?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

akarunway

***Nice! The oldest bottle I have, unopened, is a Bear Bryant 315 win commemorative. I also have a couple of unopened six packs celebrating Alabama's 1992 National Championship in its 100th year of football.

Billy beer?

We're talking Coca Cola antiques. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

******Nice! The oldest bottle I have, unopened, is a Bear Bryant 315 win commemorative. I also have a couple of unopened six packs celebrating Alabama's 1992 National Championship in its 100th year of football.

Billy beer?

We're talking Coca Cola antiques. :POld enough to have cocaine in em?:o

akarunway

*********Nice!

Old enough to have cocaine in em?:o. Idk maybe the only thing I have been able to find out for sure is it was used by coke between 1895 and 1916
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

************Nice!

Old enough to have cocaine in em?:o. Idk maybe the only thing I have been able to find out for sure is it was used by coke between 1895 and 1916Til 1929. Looks like it may have had the real coke in it. The good old days. :Dhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2635308/Is-inspiration-Coca-Cola-Incredibly-rare-130-year-old-Cola-bottle-discovered-bought-5-flea-market.html

Leave it that way. That stuff was horrible when it was fresh. And it doesn’t improve with age. Don’t ask me how I know this :S

tigra

my mom had an unopened 6 pack or Billy Beer in her fridge for ages. I don't remember what happened to it.

keithbar

That stuff was horrible when it was fresh. And it doesn’t improve with age. Don’t ask me how I know this :S

:o
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

tigra

my mom had an unopened 6 pack or Billy Beer in her fridge for ages. I don't remember what happened to it.

Okay, I'll bite.... what the hell is Billy Beer?

Why I’m surprised you don’t know about beer named after you? Short answer remember president jimmy carter? He had a redneck beer drinking embarrassing brother named billy. Someone saw an opportunity there and ran with it

keithbar

Why I’m surprised you don’t know about beer named after you? Short answer remember president jimmy carter? He had a redneck beer drinking embarrassing brother named billy. Someone saw an opportunity there and ran with it

I remember his brother, yeah... Just don't remember the beer.

What I do remember is seeing beer sold in stores that were just labeled "BEER", no specific brand. I can imagine Billy Beer being about as bad. :S:D

Yeah generic beer. I’m sure that’s what they put in those “ billy beer” cans. A lot of people bought that stuff and held onto it thinking it would be collectible one of these days. They were wrong :D