akarunway

goin out in style

On a complete side note, living in the UK, we never see Alaska Airlines planes, so whenever I see a photo of one of their fleet, my first thought is "Why is there a picture of Bob Marley on the tail fin"? Only when I can see the rest of the of the photo, do I realise "Oh, Alaska; it's an Inuit"

On the event, I did like the attached photo which was on a pilot forum.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

BarrelRoll.jpg

billvon

>Jumprun speed would be an issue. Getting out at 200 MPH would be brutal.

So get out at a slower speed. Approach speed for the dash 8 100-200 series is 83 knots (12 tons, 35 degrees flaps) which is about 95mph.

Or just hold on tighter. You'll be fine.

At least this guy had the grace to commit suicide without injuring any innocents.
That makes him so much better than religiously-motivated school shooters.
If mental illness is the root of so
many public suicides, how do we channel that energy into night-timme aerobatics versus school shootings?

riggerrob

At least this guy had the grace to commit suicide without injuring any innocents.
many public suicides, how do we channel that energy into night-timme aerobatics versus school shootings?

He did crash on an island that does have several houses. Fortunately he didn't hit any of them. Chalk that up to luck.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***At least this guy had the grace to commit suicide without injuring any innocents.

He did crash on an island that does have several houses. Fortunately he didn't hit any of them. Chalk that up to luck.

and $10-20 million used
https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/1442537/2010-bombardier-q400

billvon

>Jumprun speed would be an issue. Getting out at 200 MPH would be brutal.

So get out at a slower speed. Approach speed for the dash 8 100-200 series is 83 knots (12 tons, 35 degrees flaps) which is about 95mph.

bout the same as a King Air?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

akarunway

***>Jumprun speed would be an issue. Getting out at 200 MPH would be brutal.

bout the same as a King Air?

Sounds about right.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban