keithbar

Gas prices

From KSNV:

==============
"Looking ahead, the squeeze in global supplies will almost certainly put gasoline prices under pressure and provide a strong basis for further increases at the pumps at a time when drivers are accustomed to seeing prices soften," said Patrick DeHaan, senior petroleum analyst for GasBuddy.com. "Short of producing countries suddenly finding a million spare barrels of oil over the month of October, drivers should brace for even higher prices over the next several weeks."
==============

billvon

From KSNV:

==============
"Looking ahead, the squeeze in global supplies will almost certainly put gasoline prices under pressure and provide a strong basis for further increases at the pumps at a time when drivers are accustomed to seeing prices soften," said Patrick DeHaan, senior petroleum analyst for GasBuddy.com. "Short of producing countries suddenly finding a million spare barrels of oil over the month of October, drivers should brace for even higher prices over the next several weeks."
==============

The "squeeze in global supplies is due in part to....trump! As he has enacted an attempt to cut off Iranian oil exports.

US ready to drive Iranian oil exports to zero, says US national security adviser
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/22/us-ready-to-drive-iranian-oil-exports-to-zero-says-us-national-security-adviser

Plus to a lessor extent Venezuela and Libyan production issues.

The previously quoted http://theconversation.com/factcheck-do-australians-pay-high-petrol-taxes-29264 chart of taxes/prices for major countries. Is interesting when looking at Norway. A major oil exporter, it has used high taxes to preserve environment, encourage conservation and

Norwegians get richer as sovereign wealth fund adds billions
https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/national-today-newsletter-budget-ghana-peacekeepers-norway-1.4552553

Washington, D.C. – On November 4, the Trump administration is set to reimpose sanctions against Iran’s oil and gas industries that had been eased under the 2015 Iran nuclear agreement, possibly leading to a spike in gas prices. In response, Brian Katulis, a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress, issued the following statement:

President Donald Trump’s reckless Iran policy makes America less safe and takes unnecessary risks with America’s economic security. His administration’s reimposition of sanctions on Iran could push oil prices up even higher, a move that would hit working Americans directly in the wallet. And Trump is doing this as part of an unsound approach that could lead to more instability in the Middle East. The Trump administration is gambling with the world’s oil market and, if global production can’t fill the void, Americans could feel the direct effects of this move at the gas pump this winter. A more effective approach would have been to keep the Iran nuclear deal in place and work to counter Iran’s destabilizing actions in places like Iraq, Syria, and Yemen. Now we have the worst of both worlds—a policy that isolates America in the world and risks further Middle East conflict. Trump’s half-baked plan to outsource Iran policy through partners like Saudi Arabia is not a resilient strategy.

I can only relate to actions of the past and compare them to today's world events. KSA is already filling the Iran sanctions reimposed by 45. You really must try and follow economic past behaviours to see what's going to happen next. We have enough natural resources in the USA where we don't need their imports. Why is "Mr. Fake Hair/Mr. compulsive Liar" not imposing sanctions on KSA, Russia? Let the MFKRS choke on their oil and LNG. Energy search and retrieval is ALL I've done for the last 42 years, so I think I'm more informed on the real deal than you are BV. I can guarantee you that Drilling Contractos and Energy Companies will lose interest due to the loss of investors when we have a more than adequate supply of natural resources to support ourselves, let KSA, Russia and the rest of Iran's bootleg oil hit our markets USA producers will have no other choice than to pull their horns in and say to heck with it, again This will lead to a depressed economy and kill our economy AGAIN. Don't let the lessons of 76-80-91-98-2014, you remember that...right? Please wake up and smell the coffee, the bacons on fire, before the cycle repeats itself yet again. VOTE!

City Slickers...Hmph.

Source:
https://www.americanprogress.org/press/statement/2018/11/01/460459/statement-trumps-risky-iran-policy-jeopardizes-americas-economic-security-undercuts-middle-east-stability-caps-brian-katulis-says/

Source:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=79687&p=irol-reportsother
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

billvon

Gas out here is around $3.70. Boo! Although I only have to fill up once every six months or so. Yay!

Saw it yesterday in Riverside 4 bucks for 87. Just bought a motorcycle. Screw that.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Hemet CA was $3.43 on Friday, down 5 cents from the week before. But that is at the cheapy place not a name brand. Still a slim chance that Prop 6 will pass on Tuesday and reduce the taxes by 12 cents a gallon but Californians love to tax themselves. Diesel was taxed even higher and is close to $4 a gallon. I work as a courier and the Prop 6 tax alone costs me $4.50 a week.

piisfish

Equivalent of USD 6.85 / gallon here :(

It just cost me $145.00 to fill up 80 litres
That's 21 gallons so $6.90 AUD per gallon $5.00 USD/gallon
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

flyhi

Just filled up in Central Florida at $2.43/gal.

That's about what it is here in central Alabama.

When I was in high school, gas was like 85 cents a gal in the mid 80s. The good old days. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***Just filled up in Central Florida at $2.43/gal.

That's about what it is here in central Alabama.

When I was in high school, gas was like 85 cents a gal in the mid 80s. The good old days. [:/]

They weren't actually that good. Once you account for inflation, the 0.85 gal goes to 1.99 gal, and since cars today get better gas mileage, you need to adjust for the cost per mile to operate. Turns out driving a car today is cheaper than it was in 1985.

Plus cars today are WAY better. I wouldn't go back.:)
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

It will be very interesting to see how this is gonna play out. CNBC reported today that not only are there anti America protests happening in Iran but, there are now anti Iran regime protests going on. The sanctions are putting a big squeeze on the Iranian people. Perhaps this may wake them up enuff to finally boot the Asshole Shah's from power and restore some semblance of personal empowerment to the population. I don't see any fossil fuel as investable at this time. The autonomous revolution is around the corner and when it hits, few people will own a car. Those vehicles will be very efficient and unlikely to be powered by an internal combustion engine, Just look at the oil service stocks and see how poorly they have been trading...

If China were to institute an embargo on buying and selling with the US (which means metals, consumer goods, lots), how much sacrifice would you be willing to make for America? Would you give up Walmart, the dollar store, etc? In a second, probably.

What makes you think people from other countries aren’t loyal, even when they disagree with the current leadership?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

If China were to institute an embargo on buying and selling with the US (which means metals, consumer goods, lots), how much sacrifice would you be willing to make for America? Would you give up Walmart, the dollar store, etc? In a second, probably.

I'm thinking Walmart and Harbor Freight would go out of business.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.