GogglesnTeeth

Remember when... Bonfire before Myspace/Facebook/Etc...

Wow....

I'm guilty of it too... I don't browse the Bonfire for hours and hours anymore. I used to have the Bonfire open all day at work and watch the first two pages with updates all day, every day. Now.... crickets!!! The first two pages would have daily updates, now I see things from months ago on the first page. Sad....

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Has Facebook killed the Bonfire? No more Billy Vance craziness to get us through the day??? I would quickly click on the "NSFW" threads first!!! How the mighty have fallen....

I remember the days of "Talk Back" before the crack down! Am I so old???
B|B|B|B|B|
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

A lot has changed, but yes. Hardly anybody posts in here anymore. And yes, I do think Facebook is the reason. You choose who gets to see your posts on there.

But hey, I do have my You Can't Make This Up news story thread going, after the mods shitcanned my NSFW thread. :D:S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

keithbar

I remember the days of rec.Skydiving.org

Yep, I was on there before I started on here. Remember the Nipplboy troll posts? Hilarious. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't:

Face
Tweet
Tumble
+
Snap
Whats
QQ
Insta

Or whatever... :P You can reach me by phone, text, email or by PM here. :)
Can't say I haven;t tried the others, but I like to keep it simple.

I was a rec. observer. Joined DZ.com in 2002 under a different name.

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I quit Facebook a few years ago. Now I just Tweet or jump on here. Mainly joined Twitter to get instant weather updates directly relevant to my home area. It paid off big time a few days later when my state was hit by massive hail storms (for my state anyway) last spring. I would have had both vehicles totalled if I had not moved them both into the basement. I had 10 minutes warning.

Twitter is nice in some ways, you get to interact with celebrities. There are also the usual political nutcases as well, the arguments I've seen are worse than Speakers Corner. :S:D

Remster

***Gettin the band back together....

We just need ACMESkydiver, RockyMtHigh, and about a dozen others! B|B|B|B|B|

There be trouble...

Don't be worried; He didn't mention Turtlespeed.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******Gettin the band back together....

We just need ACMESkydiver, RockyMtHigh, and about a dozen others! B|B|B|B|B|

There be trouble...

Don't be worried; He didn't mention Turtlespeed.:P

Eh, I've got him and Waltappel in a groupme group. Zero filter of course. :D

Conundrum

******Those were the days.

Hey, stranger!
So how you doin'?;)

Hi!! Haven’t been on here forever. Hope everyone is doing well! Miss you guys.

Good to see you back on here as well. :)
Remember when threads would catch on fire on here almost every day? :D Now you don't see that anymore... [:/] Except in Speakers Corner when they just had their first fire thread in a long time, mostly between 6-8 people arguing with each other :D

DJL

Where's Aggie Dave these days?

Just above me on the all time post whore list... :D

His last post was a bit over 3 years ago.

ETA: Remember when Clay was the #1 postwhore for the longest time? Then he earned a perma-ban. Still took over a year or so for him to get knocked down the list.

Now BillVon is so far ahead of everyone else. Turtlespeed doesn't post much anymore, and Kallend is still going full speed, mostly in SC, so at his rate, he'll be #2 soon.

DJL

Where's Aggie Dave these days?

I believe he decided to stay on the ground for a while. So he took a break from here too.

IIRC, kids were taking up enough time that he couldn't stay current enough to be safe (smart move IMO).

He was also busy writing his books, among other things.

Life happens.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***Where's Aggie Dave these days?

I believe he decided to stay on the ground for a while. So he took a break from here too.

IIRC, kids were taking up enough time that he couldn't stay current enough to be safe (smart move IMO).

He was also busy writing his books, among other things.

Life happens.

A bit of googling turned up his website.
He now lists himself as an ex-skydiver, and ex-cop, who is now a writer and photographer.
I'm really curious how well that torn muscle in his arm recovered.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

He left the police force while he was still active here.

My understanding was that, as part of his job as a cop, he became a qualified 'accident re-constructor', that is, someone who does all the calculations and re-creations to determine exactly what happened with the vehicles involved in an accident.
Heavy duty physics.
As he became more and more involved in that part of his job, he started doing it on a wider scale as a consultant. And reached the point where he could do it full time.

He was writing "zombie apocalypse" fiction at the time.
Also he was an accomplished photographer.

Good to see that he is continuing with those.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

And, in many ways more important, he’s busy raising kids with his wife, who enjoy hiking and camping together in wild places.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)