2 2
brendhanbb

Hi I am using a friends(old) account.

So I am using a friends old account he does not use hence my name being what it is but I am here because well I kind of need some advice on something I am young too young to go jumping right now and I really want to go. So I thought I would ask on here and see if anyone experienced what I am experiencing where they were too young to go when they really wanted to go and how they manged to i guess get through it. I am uncertain if I am making any sense.

First off, you can make your own account.

There are alternatives, depending.

Some DZs will allow those 16 and over to jump. Some places will take even younger on a tandem. There's a lot of debate and discussion about this that I won't go into.

You can get tunnel time.

None of those are cheap, you may have to travel some to do them.

Which brings up another issue: Money. This is not a cheap sport. It burns money very fast. If you don't have a good job (or a really generous benefactor), it becomes a problem.
Or you could become a full time packer, live in a tent on the DZ and eat Ramen a lot.

Patience is hard and it takes practice.

My suggestion would be to get a job and start saving. Practice your patience. You will need it jumping too. I just spent a 3 day holiday weekend on the ground due to weather. Not what I would have chosen, but that's what happens sometimes.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi! I understand what you are going thru and sympathize with you but patience is your best friend right now. I am much older than you and have to juggle transportation and weather to make my first hopefully within the next three weeks or so or have to wait until next spring which I don't want to do! Hang in there and know that you will get thru the wait I promise. But use the time wisely and get some money but aside, the DZ closest to me https://www.skydivedanielson.com/
and they estimate about 3,000 dollars to get your A license so be prepared for that. Those are not my numbers, follow the link and see for yourself. I want to at least do one tandem to see what it is like before I commit to spending that kind of money. Just my $.02 cents!
Mark P. Zanghetti
‘Don’t for one second long for who you were, but recklessly pursue who you can become.’ … We can learn from the past but we can’t get it back.”