massis

preparing for another addiction

I always wanted to try skydiving, but never got round to saving up for a jump or actually committing to anything. Besides, I have way to many hobbies as is: woodworking, underwaterhockey, bushcraft & camping, gaming, ...

Last November my 30th birthday came around, and my wife decided to have me thrown out of a plane at 14.000ft strapped to another man.
-- I never tell anyone I jumped from a plane, I always tell them some other guy jumped and since I was strapped to him I had no choice but to follow --

I can safely say it was a life altering experience, even (or especially?) at temperatures far below freezing and a solid deck of (high) clouds rolling in. If only having -20°C (-5°F) wind in your face at 180km/h would make your face look so damned dumb...
tandem pic

Since then I can't let go, so I've saved up through the winter and will be going for my AFF this spring, as soon as possible.
Knowing myself, I'll soon be addicted to this sport...

'bout me: I'm 30 now, live in Belgium, work in IT, have a lovely wife and 2 boys (a 2y old and a nearly 6y old)

massis

I always wanted to try skydiving, but never got round to saving up for a jump or actually committing to anything. Besides, I have way to many hobbies as is: woodworking, underwaterhockey, bushcraft & camping, gaming, ...

Last November my 30th birthday came around, and my wife decided to have me thrown out of a plane at 14.000ft strapped to another man.
-- I never tell anyone I jumped from a plane, I always tell them some other guy jumped and since I was strapped to him I had no choice but to follow --

I can safely say it was a life altering experience, even (or especially?) at temperatures far below freezing and a solid deck of (high) clouds rolling in. If only having -20°C (-5°F) wind in your face at 180km/h would make your face look so damned dumb...
tandem pic

Since then I can't let go, so I've saved up through the winter and will be going for my AFF this spring, as soon as possible.
Knowing myself, I'll soon be addicted to this sport...

'bout me: I'm 30 now, live in Belgium, work in IT, have a lovely wife and 2 boys (a 2y old and a nearly 6y old)

I wish I could help you out with advice but I've been divorced twice since I started and there was one rough patch in this marriage when I was trying to get my Gold Wings within a short time.

Hehe, I don't think it will get THAT bad fast, for now my wife is pretty damnd supportive, as she is of most of my hobbies :-)
She's prepared for this to take up a few weekends before I get my AFF, and 1 or 2 days a month from there on out.

I'll just have to cut back on my UWH tournament trips & bushcraft tips for now, but seeing as I'm taking my 6y old for a weeklong canoeing trip in Sweden in May, I'm not too concerned there ;)

massis

Hehe, I don't think it will get THAT bad fast, for now my wife is pretty damnd supportive, as she is of most of my hobbies :-)
She's prepared for this to take up a few weekends before I get my AFF, and 1 or 2 days a month from there on out.

I'll just have to cut back on my UWH tournament trips & bushcraft tips for now, but seeing as I'm taking my 6y old for a weeklong canoeing trip in Sweden in May, I'm not too concerned there ;)

You'll do fine. You obviously have balance. I never did.

Bob