frontloop33

Smartphone GPS?

Phone GPS is not great. It's almost always 1hz which is not ideal. But the bigger problem with phone-based GPS is where do you mount it? Anywhere in a pocket has a blocked view of the sky, and usually loses signal.

I am the author of BASEline Flight Computer app and I highly recommend using a bluetooth GPS unit mounted on your helmet. This sends the GPS signal wirelessly to your phone. XGPS160 is the best I've found.

The app has a way nicer interface than FlySight. You can change audible modes (speed, glide, etc) in the field. The app detects landing and uploads to the cloud automatically, so you don't need to mess with downloading your tracks later.

PS- The XGPS160 is cheaper than FlySight on amazon

[inline xgps160.jpg]
[inline protec.jpg]

BASEline - Wingsuit Flight Computer

xgps160.jpg

protec.jpg

I don't see any good reason not to just go with FlySight. It's been proven over and over again in our environment, the support for it is great, feedback is heard and incorporated in updates and at the end of the day we are supporting a family member.

It's not cheap but its great value for what it does. I tried going other routes originally and it just cost me more in the long run.