DanielRistow

Basejumping into a plane?

jurgencamps

***If this isn't the opening for the next James Bond movie something is very wrong.

There is already such an opening scene in a James Bond movie, GoldenEye.

The bungee jump? There have been skydiving and base jumps (Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me) and I think this would be a perfect progression.

Bob_Church

******If this isn't the opening for the next James Bond movie something is very wrong.

The bungee jump? There have been skydiving and base jumps (Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me) and I think this would be a perfect progression.after the bungee jump. Bond misses his plane and jumps from a motorcycle to catch the Porter midair
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

*********If this isn't the opening for the next James Bond movie something is very wrong.

The bungee jump? There have been skydiving and base jumps (Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me) and I think this would be a perfect progression.after the bungee jump. Bond misses his plane and jumps from a motorcycle to catch the Porter midair

Oh, I never got that far in GoldenEye.

Bob_Church

***I remember watching that in the cinema and thinking Bond movies had just gotten a bit ridiculous.
Now look.

As long as they don't use an invisible airplane.

They had an invisible car in one a few years later. From memory Bond drove it off a cliff being chased by the laser beam from an orbiting super-weapon, and then parachuted over a tsunami filled with icebergs.
That was a bit much for me.

Bob_Church

************If this isn't the opening for the next James Bond movie something is very wrong.

Oh, I never got that far in GoldenEye.that was 5 minutes later. Not very patient, are you ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

johnmatrix

******I remember watching that in the cinema and thinking Bond movies had just gotten a bit ridiculous.
Now look.

As long as they don't use an invisible airplane.

They had an invisible car in one a few years later. From memory Bond drove it off a cliff being chased by the laser beam from an orbiting super-weapon, and then parachuted over a tsunami filled with icebergs.
That was a bit much for me.

During the lead to Daniel Craig becoming Bond they talked about how they needed to change the way they were writing and one of the movie makers said something like "we had an invisible car, for God's sake, something has to change."

I've been trying to remember and I don't think I ever saw Goldeneye. But that bungee jump was always showing somewhere, you couldn't miss it. I think having this type jump as an opener would still fit in well with the progression. The Spy Who Loved Me will always be my favorite though, with Moonraker a close second though for very different reasons. All the inside jokes made that one. And seen BJ Worth on the big screen. The last time I'd seen him we were both standing in the bed of a pickup truck drinking beer while watching 16mm stuff being projected on the side of the main building at Z-hills. Don't get me wrong, he wouldn't know me, but I enjoy the memory and talking with him. It seems the more successful a skydiver is the easier they are to talk to.

piisfish

***************If this isn't the opening for the next James Bond movie something is very wrong.

Oh, I never got that far in GoldenEye.that was 5 minutes later. Not very patient, are you ?