Alexevil

Hunter vs freak 2

I put about 70 jumps on my Hunter so far. Never flew the Freak myself, but did some flock jumps with Freaks and ATCs. Even the ATC has more speed than the Hunter. There was one jump in particular where the plan was to fly at maximum performance and the ATCs very quickly left me behind. I could only maintain the same glide ratio and re-join them by cutting the corners in the turns. I'm guessing that the Freak will outperform the Hunter easily in this regard.

Having said that, its probably better for acro. My previous suit was Funk 1 and the Hunter actually feels like the smaller suit in terms of the ease of backflying, transitions, and flips. I have also flown in it with some new wingsuiters (~10 jumps) in Phantom 3s and did not have any problems staying with them.

Overall, I like the suit as I basically wanted something with a bit more performance to replace the Funk, which I did not like. Unfortunately, the real problem with PF suits is PF. The delivery time was fine, but everything else about the ordering process was a pain. The first suit didn't fit (in height and shoe size) and didn't match the color pattern on the order form. The second suit was supposed to fix both problems, but they only changed the size. Communication was bad throughout to the point where they were confusing me with other customers. I actually wish that I didn't like the suit, because that would make going back to Squirrel a lot easier. [:/]

Well, the Freak will have a harder time flying with smaller suits, like P3s, so it's difficult to say which suit has a wider range. The Hunter is definitely not as fast as the Freak, but that can be good or bad depending on what you want to use it for. Hopefully, someone else will share their opinion because I'm still very much learning how to get the most out of my Hunter.

I've done 2 or 3 jumps on a Hunter and one on a Freak 1.
I don't think this is enough jumps to give a solid opinion either way but I was extremely impressed with the Hunter. It felt really comfortable almost straight away and was very easy to fly, the Freak was also good but felt a little less stable - again it was my first and only jump on one, so I wouldn't judge based on that.

The Hunter has a lot of range in terms of fall rate but I suspect the Freak might have the edge in forward speed. But then again it's really about the pilot.

There is no suit that is the best at everything. You always have to compromise on something. If it's glide ratio you're after you want a big mattress suit but it won't be the most agile - the most agile suits are small suits and they have a lot of forward speed too, but higher fall rates, etc.

Bluhdow

I believe they are apples and oranges. Perhaps you know this already, but the Strix is Phoenix Fly's suit in the "Freak" category.

I'll echo what Joe said, you are comparing two different wings, by two different companies. My last flight was a two way with me in my ATC and Max in his Hunter. We had no problem flying in control and close the whole flight but Max did state that he had difficulty matching speeds with me. The ATC (baby FREAK) is a suit that likes to go fast. You may consider flying an ATC, despite what Squirrel says, it doesn't play nice with really small suits! ;)

I've been on an XRW jump in my Strix with another guy in a Hunter and we had similar float but he didn't have to kill off as much forward speed. This isn't rocket science, the arm wings are similar sized but one has a tail going past the feet and is going to be faster.

The hunter is a big acro suit.
Unlike most actual big suits (strix/freak/baracuda powers/scorpion etc) it handles like a small suit, and when flown with more angle (most tend to fly it to flat) it can give other suits a run for their money in speed as well.

When people say ‘faster suit’ in a lot of cases it translates to ‘steeper angle’ and comes down to not having the same range when not flying balistic angles, especially on their backs. Often ending up low and in front.

The Hunter is not a competing suit with the aforementioned suits. Its a big acrobatic flocker, and super suit for especially camerawork. Im flying one for camera in these videos. Huge range.

https://youtu.be/M-U5VPdcbx0
https://youtu.be/DKK5xspHiBU
https://youtu.be/TbfZvcaCOMc
https://youtu.be/SnJp71Bn2vU
https://youtu.be/k7NlsxR8fSU
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?