johnmatrix

Sony X3000 stabilisation issues

What shooting and stabilisation modes are people using for this camera?
I just got one and am finding that the footage is getting sort of micro-wobbles and shuddering with the stabilisation both on 'Active' and 'Standard' modes.
The AS50 I used to use has really nice stabilisation with none of those sorts of effects.

OK thanks, yes I was wondering that. I have a top plate with 2 flat mounts on it and one seems a tiny bit loose so I've been using the other one but neither had issues with my old camera.

I almost always shoot HD, I have tested the 4K mode though.
I prefer the medium view angle to the wide one, but in the narrow FOV the stabilisation issues are much worse as one might expect.

I'll upload some footage when I can to show.

I just got one tonight...x3000 4k.....I've been playing with it and it seems like active stabilisation is best...but the narrower the lens field of view the worse it gets....It seems a little worse to me in 4k.....and I couldn't understand why I have no audio when I play back movies, but researched the internet and found it will not play back with audio to your live view or cell phone...you have to download to computer or hook up HDMI cable from camera to tv.

Yep that's my experience, the narrower the lens the worse it gets. But that makes sense as it's similar to how when you zoom in a lens it magnifies any shakes. Just frustrating as the stabilisation on the AS50 is awesome. I will get some more testing done.
I only ever download clips to watch them so can't help with live view I'm afraid.