Bye_gravity

GoPro 6 vs GoPro Fusion?

Just saw the advertisements of newly released GoPro 6 and GoPro Fusion, have to say that Fusion looks absolutely incredible in terms of both graphic capability and functionality. But what would be the point of releasing GoPro 6 if you can just get the similar graphic quality as well as VR/360 function on Fusion and achieve multi-angle filming without attaching 4 different GoPro 6s to your limbs? I'm planning on dropping my bucks on Fusion, unless Hero 6 offers some serious advantage over its counterpart.

Edit: Nothing has beaten Hero 3's ad yet.:D

Hero 6 Ad:
https://youtu.be/vr0qNXmkUJ8
Fusion Ad:
https://youtu.be/GM_eDSIT71E
You fly with the wind, or the wind flies you.

Bye_gravity

But what would be the point of releasing GoPro 6 if you can just get the similar graphic quality as well as VR/360 function on Fusion and achieve multi-angle filming without attaching 4 different GoPro 6s to your limbs?

I'm guessing $200 price difference, form factor, battery run time, and whatever other compromises needed to be made for 360-degree video. If you want/need 360-degree video, get the Fusion. Otherwise, 6 will probably be the better choice.

The 360 cameras look neat in general. However the gopro one looks kinda big compared to others like the garmin virb. There are a few cool wingsuit videos on youtube with the virb but it will be interesting to see how the gopro compares.

*I know I am short 200 jumps required for a camera but I'm allowed to look :)

danielcroft

I was wondering when a real camera manufacturer was going to get into the small format camera game (other than BMD, but that is pro equipment).

GoPro gets a tip o' the hat for more or less creating the market, but they seem to have chosen the "sell as many as possible" route rather than the "actually improve our products" route.

Also, I'm betting 360 is just a fad in the consumer market. There are Pro/Commercial applications, but I see 360 more or less dying out in a couple years. But I could be wrong of course.

Anachronist

I was wondering when a real camera manufacturer was going to get into the small format camera game (other than BMD, but that is pro equipment).

[PuzzledDogLook.jpg]

The Sony X3000 has been out for a while now...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork