1 1
gowlerk

Hero Session gone?

Interesting. I can't find any concrete information about a session replacement, except for this from GoPro CEO Nick Woodman from Nov 2017:

Demand for GoPro’s entry level Session was much higher than anticipated [this year], and will result in a sooner than expected end of life for this product,” Woodman said on the call, “but [this] identifies a significant opportunity for us to expand our market with a new entry level product slated for 2018.” This new camera will be one of “several new products planned” for GoPro, Woodman stated.

“In 2018 we’ve got a new product to address that entry level which we’re even more excited about than Session, because it’s an even better form factor for that price point"

Reading between the lines, they will have a new Session style camera coming out some time this year, but it will be even smaller.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

SethInMI

Interesting. I can't find any concrete information about a session replacement, except for this from GoPro CEO Nick Woodman from Nov 2017:

Demand for GoPro’s entry level Session was much higher than anticipated [this year], and will result in a sooner than expected end of life for this product,” Woodman said on the call, “but [this] identifies a significant opportunity for us to expand our market with a new entry level product slated for 2018.” This new camera will be one of “several new products planned” for GoPro, Woodman stated.

“In 2018 we’ve got a new product to address that entry level which we’re even more excited about than Session, because it’s an even better form factor for that price point"

Reading between the lines, they will have a new Session style camera coming out some time this year, but it will be even smaller.

I figured Nick was referring to the new Hero model (same body as the black 5 & 6) as the replacement for the Session. I hope you're right about a smaller-than-session camera in the future

Yeah, I don't think they will abandon the no-LCD display price point. My assumption is the session replacement will be thinner, look a little more pancake like.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

gowlerk

***It will be a long time before they are 'gone'. You sill still be able to find them on your local classifieds site for a long time.

But who wants to take a chance on a used camera with a non replaceable battery?Tons of people? I bought a used Session. It's great. The thing is barely used but much less than a brand new one. plus they go for about $100 used. That's nothing in the world of skydiving. You can spend that in one morning just on jump tickets.