jtiflyer

rear sit wing or not to rear sit wing

Finally looking to replace my 10+ year old camera jacket and suit. Decided on sticking with Tony suits as this is what I am used too. I would love to start sit flying tandem videos so the question is should I have them add the sit fly wing on the back? Never seen them in use so i was wondering if anybody had any experience with them? mostly used for tandems and fun jumping, but would not be surprised to find myself shooting FS again at some point.

Don't do it. The one I got had them and man was it crazy floaty (tony jacket). I cut off the pocket and stuck w/ the wing. It works great...14 years and still going strong.

Just to add...I'm assuming you're asking about the pocket that was used on 'sit suits'....right?

my pics & stuff!

helmet.jpeg

I'd love to learn to fly like this, in fact I tried a few weeks ago but failed miserably :$. I can sitfly pretty well, but apparently not in my camera suit with big wings and booties. So what should I look for in a suit? Any other tips?

my opinion here for what's worked for me. No booties....those will only cause you issues and are only good on your belly (i'm sure you knew that). I like the big size wing (and i'm not a big person). I'd also get a jacket instead....a few reasons; when it's hot as balls, you can wear it with shorts....when it's cold you can wear it over a jump suit.

And for practice...start chasing belly jumpers to get a feel for it. It's not sit flying by any means....i've likened it to being in a recliner. The slower the fall rate, the more I'm leaning back. The faster, the more up right i am. It's a lot of fun and my range is very good (better than when I used to do this on my belly).
my pics & stuff!