PIXIP

Lightest Mirrorless with wired remote in the market?

Hey all,
I'm looking for the lightest Mirrorless around (for my first camera rig). According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Canon_EOS_digital_cameras, the original 2012 EOS M model is the lightest of all Canons, with which I can then use my existing EF lenses. However, it seems like it only uses a wifi remote.

My questions:

1. Can any EOS-M camera use a wired remote? for a blow switch.
2. Can any EOS-M camera use a programmed wireless remote? as in to program it to take a single photo every second or a burst in timed intervals.
3. Can any other mirrorless on the market have a wired remote while weighing under 300g?

Thanks

verdi

sony a6000 + pancake lens ( 16 or 20mm ) is roughly 350g combined and has wired shutter

Yeah looks good. Only problem is the Canon lenses I have which I won't be able to use. But that isn't a deal breaker.
How are the Sony NEX series cameras?

The sony A5100 is smaller so presumably lighter, than the A6000, so if lightweight is the priority, it is also worth considering.

According to dpreview (https://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=sony_a5100&products=sony_a6000) the A5100 is 283g, and the a6000 344g. Presume that is with kit lens.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

PIXIP

Hey all,
I'm looking for the lightest Mirrorless around (for my first camera rig). According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Canon_EOS_digital_cameras, the original 2012 EOS M model is the lightest of all Canons, with which I can then use my existing EF lenses. However, it seems like it only uses a wifi remote.

My questions:

1. Can any EOS-M camera use a wired remote? for a blow switch.
2. Can any EOS-M camera use a programmed wireless remote? as in to program it to take a single photo every second or a burst in timed intervals.
3. Can any other mirrorless on the market have a wired remote while weighing under 300g?

Thanks

I used a Canon M5 with a tongue switch (2.5mm jack). Worked fine. Note that it uses an EF-M format lens. So I you are trying to shoot with an EF or EF-S, you will need an adapter.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork