JohnnyLawrence

Would love feedback on my AFF-6

I have to videos I posted of my AFF-6 jump. It was by far the funnest jump I have done so far. Still trying to figure out why I was bouncing when I was tracking bit obviously wasnt moving horizontal. All and all it felt batter than it looks..:-)

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?actionfiltered=guestpass&id=5z76v

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?actionfiltered=guestpass&id=tbk64

I have to videos I posted of my AFF-6 jump. It was by far the funnest jump I have done so far. Still trying to figure out why I was bouncing when I was tracking bit obviously wasnt moving horizontal. All and all it felt batter than it looks..:-)

What did your instructor have to say?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My not-very-experienced opinion is that your legs need to be much straighter and toes pointed to get good forward movement.

Were those some kinda front or backloops you were attempting? Its hard to tell because the video is so jumpy.
__

My mighty steed

Looked pretty good to me. You flopped around and were able to quickly recover. :) Getting stable from being unstable, controlled turns, body position, and altitude awareness are pretty much the point of most of these exercises, as far as I know (caution: I know diddly about what instructors are looking for!).

One suggestion on your track would be to go into it a bit slower and you'll have better results. Quickly and smoothly, but one step at a time: de-arch a bit, stick your legs out straight, point your toes, then bring your arms back smoothly and evenly with your palms down. You're trying to do everything all at once, very quickly, which can cause you to go unstable until you have a lot more practice at it. These were suggestions given to me just off AFF and once I looked at it step-by-step, it really helped me improve my tracking. I still have plenty of room for improvement myself, but I can get away quick with ample seperation at break off. ;)

Talk to your instructors about my suggestions, of course. :)

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.

What did your instructor have to say?

best response -

JohnnyL - I won't touch web advice for an AFF jump. That's what the instructors are paid to do.

Come back and ask for feedback on something post-graduation, then you'll get a ton of good and bad advice to weigh out

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yeah tha was the main idea was for me to get unstable and quickly recover, which I felt good doing. One I saw the video on the tracking i realized I should have eased and went slower.

The GIRL doing the video said it was a tough one to do. My instructor had nothing bad to say, but when i watched it I realized it takes a lot of pracrice and starting with my leg position.

I respect that regarding opinions and what some should say. Thanks

Speaking for myself (but I'm sure others will agree), looking back at old video's of my skydives makes me cringe. :S

Every day I learn how much I suck and I try to learn how to suck a little less each day. B|

I would bet that even people with 1000's of jumps look at jumps they did 100 jumps ago and shake their heads. It's all part of progressing, I think. :)

Kim

I would bet that even people with 1000's of jumps look at jumps they did 100 jumps ago and shake their heads. It's all part of progressing, I think. :)

I am not to 1000 yet - however, I look back sometimes three jumps ago and think, I learned a lot... Why make it 100!:P

It's all relative. ;) In my case, I look at the jump I just did and shake my head. :$

Except for this weekend where I did two h&p's. One from 5,000, another from 13,500. Those ROCKED! :D

Kim