IanHarrop

Mobile friendly format?

As phones are now one of the primary tools used to access the web, I am wondering about the potential for updating the interface to dz.com so it's more easily utilized on a phone.

Its got to be a huge task but the change would help dz.com maintain it's user base and the value of its advertising revenue.

My fear is that without making a change, usage and revenue will dwindle and we will lose the valuable resource that dz.com provides.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

We hear you loud and clearly, and this is something we've been working on for a while now. With over 4 million posts and a fairly large selection of content on the site, it hasn't been easy. But it is coming...

Attached are some screenshots of what we're working on, both desktop view and mobile view.

forum-preview.jpg

forum-mobile.jpg

Thanks for the update.

After I originally made this post I saw your comment here http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4871196#4871196 and suspected that a change is coming soon :)
I am looking forward to the new format!

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I certainly notice that for rigging information, now I no longer have to go only to dz.com, but have to check a couple facebook rigging groups too -- Despite facebook's awful linear organization with no "list of threads" summary page as used on any traditional forum.

While one can't beat facebook, clearly what would help a lot is to be able to upload photos easily.

"Hey riggers, what's your opinion of this?" is easy on facebook, while here we have to worry about uploading one photo at a time, getting file sizes right, playing with names and markups to get inline photos, etc.

While dropzone can be messy, compared with facebook it is still easier here to carry on a calm and reasonably serious discussion...