wan2doit

Delayed Reaction Tunnel Injury

Three to four days after failed attempt at a belly to back transition on Feb 26, 2018 (feet under) (video attached - incident at 47 second mark - 1/2 speed may help view incident) no pain at all initially (kept flying as if nothing happened) then 3-4 days later the left shoulder began to have minor discomfort - just enough to let me know something was up. A day or two later and since then left shoulder is hurting quite badly when arm is moved to the point where any movement is very painful.

Today 3-7-2018, incident happened Feb 26, 2018

Video link - https://youtu.be/krQcrCl_0rk

Odd thing is that upon reviewing the video of the failure I saw that I landed on my right shoulder.

Anyone ever have an experience like that when you impact one side and the other side comes up with pain ?

Is it common for the body to respond like that - days later?

Your screwed dude the pain will never go away. Only one way to cure it. Go thru aff and get an A license . Once you get your A signed off . The pain will magically disappear ;)

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Well, take a coach or at least fellow skydiver/bodyflier

You need some basic advise/correction

after failed attempt at a belly to back transition on Feb 26, 2018 (feet under)

I mark the part where your attempt failed (if it was planned as written - it was fai;ed at the planing phase already)
It should be "upper body over" not "feet under"
and keep control on those legs!
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

NWPoul

Well, take a coach or at least fellow skydiver/bodyflier

You need some basic advise/correction

after failed attempt at a belly to back transition on Feb 26, 2018 (feet under)

I mark the part where your attempt failed (if it was planned as written - it was fai;ed at the planing phase already)
It should be "upper body over" not "feet under"
and keep control on those legs!

Understood NWPoul

Also interested in answers to injury experiences questions -

Anyone ever have a net impact experience like that when you impact one side of your body on the net and the other side comes up with the pain ?

Is it common for pain from a tunnel injury to happen - days later?

wan2doit

Is it common for pain from a tunnel injury to happen - days later?

I don't think its "common". It probably will always depend on the kind of injury and on the person itself.
Sometimes my knees or elbows hurt directly when hitting the wall on 4way training, sometimes they start hurting a day or two later.

That being said, I never had a real "injury" from the tunnel, only the usual stuff, bruses, aching, ...

You hurt something, the muscles round it contract to protect it and you start using your body differently. Then that hurts and you start using another part of your body differently - builds up into a worsening spiral of problems. Painkillers mask the problem which sometimes helps you get proper movement back but not always. A good sports physio can look at what you are doing and tell you what you need to do to correct it. Then all you need to do is stick with what the sports physio tells you to do and eventually you'll either resolve the root cause of the problem, or identify that it's a problem needing surgery.

Find yourself a good sports physio.
Anne