1 1
setti

freezone wind tunnel

following a busines trip I am going to Moscow and would like to have fly in freezone at late Feb.
searched about tunnel coaches and some friend suggested :
- Alexy Ryzhenkov
- Ivan Karpukhin
any person to know about coaching quality go these guys ?
or any other suggested coach ?

Hello, in December me and another friend went and did 11 hours each there at Freezone. The coaching was great for us. We had Ivan Karpuhin, Sergei Yasnikov, and Max Vodopyanov for our 22 hours. They were all awesome flyers and all skydive as well. Ivan I believe is on their national skydive team. I think they all compete in tunnel comps.

We were recommended these coaches by the Freezone office after we described the type of flying we wanted to learn. I plan to use the same coaches for our next 22 hours this summer. They were fun to fly with and very committed to teaching the proper technique. Freezone is recently remodeled and has all the good equipment. The flights are all recorded from 3 different angles. After the flights, you can go to a team room and they will debrief you more while watching the videos. You can also, download the videos if you want to keep them.

Not sure if you speak russian or not, these 3 spoke enough english we were able to learn from them. Of course there is a little language barrier, but they could demonstrate proper technique and explain what we needed.

Hope you have a great time there.

I went to Freezone 2 times (in 2012 and 2013) and at the time, Alex Ryzhenkov was by far the best in this tunnel... at speaking english! Which is actually a very important skill for a coach, if you can't speak russian, that is.

I went with a group of French people and we had our own coach so I don't know him that well, but he was a very nice guy, always happy to give some advice or even help and coach when he was at the door. He also seemed to be a very good flyer and, as I mentionned already, spoke english very well.