Bob_Church

A cool exit

The other thread about cool exits reminded me of this, but it's not the sort of cool exit.
My second wife started jumping right after we got together and she got fairly good quickly. Maybe it's something about being a 5 foot tall American Indian who weighed next to nothing but she picked it right up. But she never quite learned when to stop talking. That was ok in the little WV DZ that we jumped at, seriously attractive young women could do what they wanted.
One summer an old skydiving friend moved to Cleveland so we spend the weekend and go out to Parkman, one of the nicest drop zones ever. Xenia is my favorite, but a long shot but Parkman is definitely second. I haven't been up there for awhile but they always had a group of very good skydiver who would jump with anyone, even Lesa and me. One afternoon the proposed an eight way from two C185s and to be nice they were going to be in the base plane while the two of us and two other much less experience were in the chase plane. This was to give us practice flying, which I think one of the other two had asked for. Great. But then.
But then Lesa started telling them that the base needed to stay in one spot, not turn or slide. She'd has this problem before, she told them, as I just averted my eyes and died inside a little. Then she reminded them a couple of times on the way to the planes. I was afraid she'd ask the pilot to remind them on jump run. So, finally, EXIT and I immediately notice something going on with the base, then it hit me. They turned several points as we approached and just as we were getting there finished, leaving them in exactly the position we'd plan the base to be in. This was about 1983 and I didn't get back up there for maybe 10 years and Lesa was just a memory. But when we were talking and introducing ourselves to each other one guy said "Oh yeh, you were with the girl with the mouth."

That was me.

Bob_Church

The other thread about cool exits reminded me of this, but it's not the sort of cool exit.
My second wife started jumping right after we got together and she got fairly good quickly. Maybe it's something about being a 5 foot tall American Indian who weighed next to nothing but she picked it right up. But she never quite learned when to stop talking. That was ok in the little WV DZ that we jumped at, seriously attractive young women could do what they wanted.
One summer an old skydiving friend moved to Cleveland so we spend the weekend and go out to Parkman, one of the nicest drop zones ever. Xenia is my favorite, but a long shot but Parkman is definitely second. I haven't been up there for awhile but they always had a group of very good skydiver who would jump with anyone, even Lesa and me. One afternoon the proposed an eight way from two C185s and to be nice they were going to be in the base plane while the two of us and two other much less experience were in the chase plane. This was to give us practice flying, which I think one of the other two had asked for. Great. But then.
But then Lesa started telling them that the base needed to stay in one spot, not turn or slide. She'd has this problem before, she told them, as I just averted my eyes and died inside a little. Then she reminded them a couple of times on the way to the planes. I was afraid she'd ask the pilot to remind them on jump run. So, finally, EXIT and I immediately notice something going on with the base, then it hit me. They turned several points as we approached and just as we were getting there finished, leaving them in exactly the position we'd plan the base to be in. This was about 1983 and I didn't get back up there for maybe 10 years and Lesa was just a memory. But when we were talking and introducing ourselves to each other one guy said "Oh yeh, you were with the girl with the mouth."

That was me.

I was there in '88, they were still talking about her.;)

Great DZ! I managed a few trips there, great place to jump and the jumpers were tons of fun.

Jump more, post less!

topdocker

***The other thread about cool exits reminded me of this, but it's not the sort of cool exit.

That was me.

I was there in '88, they were still talking about her.;)

Great DZ! I managed a few trips there, great place to jump and the jumpers were tons of fun.

I loved watching the Amish sitting there in their traditional clothes, eating cheese curls and watching us jump.