Bob_Church

You know you've been a skydiver for most of your life when.

Hi Jimmy,

Looks Like a StyleMaster...

Your eyes or your memory is going; or both. That reserve container is nothing like a StyleMaster, MiniSystem maybe.

A S/M reserve container was like a square cut block of wood; nothing like the rounded end flaps of that container.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Bob,

In the meantime, place your bets.

If you compare Ian's two photos & your photo, you will find that the StyleMaster has one very distinct, easy to see difference. On the S/M see the piece of 3" Type 4 webbing where the side flap meets the back of the container? Neither of the other two containers have that.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Bob,

In the meantime, place your bets.

If you compare Ian's two photos & your photo, you will find that the StyleMaster has one very distinct, easy to see difference. On the S/M see the piece of 3" Type 4 webbing where the side flap meets the back of the container? Neither of the other two containers have that.

Jerry Baumchen

I was thinking "bets on what it is" not if it's a Stylemaster or not, since it isn't. I'm not sure how well the photo shows it, but I could tell it wasn't from standing there looking at it.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Bob,

"bets on what it is"

I might make a bet if I had it in my hands.

I 'think' it is a MiniSystem; however, TampaPete may have the real answer. Do you have the phone number of the local FBI office?

:P

Jerry Baumchen

No, but I'm sure they've got mine.