Bob_Church

A highlight from Quincy 93

keithbar

B12 snaps , protec helmets frap hats The bad ole days

B12 snaps are great for fat old men trying to put on their rig and never known on to fail. Protec ade more protective than any of the carbon fibsr audible holders. And cheap. Frap hats are fun and hold audiles better.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

councilman24

***B12 snaps , protec helmets frap hats The bad ole days

B12 snaps are great for fat old men trying to put on their rig and never known on to fail. Protec ade more protective than any of the carbon fibsr audible holders. And cheap. Frap hats are fun and hold audiles better.

I thing the biggest problem with Pro Tecs is that they don't cost $400.

Neil Drain used to have some sort of hockey helmet that looked like it was made from exactly the same material as those foam egg cartons. Same thickness, everything. He used to hold it up and say "You just can't get better protection for seven dollars."
He was also one of the first of us to get a canopy with an instruction manual and warranty. Up until then we all had used junk and surplus stuff. He read the warranty for his Strato Cloud and said "according to this, I could cut this canopy into 12" squares and they don't guarantee I could wipe my ass with it."

I still jump with my 28 year old Protec and I recently had my harness retrofitted with B12 snaps.

Yes! I'm a fat old man who still likes to do a few jumps.

What looks worse, hobbling around trying to get my legs into the straps with a thread through fitting or casually snapping the B12 connectors without any theatrics? I'll take the B12 connectors.

dudeman17

He could be Bozo the Clown for all I care. I was just continuing the comments about stuff of that era.

Ha! That era? The guy wearing jeans with the pull up larksheaded to his belt loop? That's me every weekend still!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***He could be Bozo the Clown for all I care. I was just continuing the comments about stuff of that era.

Ha! That era? The guy wearing jeans with the pull up larksheaded to his belt loop? That's me every weekend still!

One big change I've noticed from the mid-90s on is that gear doesn't age the way it used to. I'm talking fashion wise, for lack of a better word. Up until then getting on the plane with five-year old gear would get you stares. I know, because I always had old junk. But since then things seem to have stabilized. My Quasar 2 is 20 years old this year but it doesn't look noticeably different from a new one.