RBM

Old Timers Boogie!! at MASPC in Taylorville IL Aug 17th-19th

The Old Timers Boogie is happening again, at Mid-America Sport Parachute Club (MASPC) in Taylorville IL, Aug 17 thru the 19th, boogie start time at 10 AM Friday Aug 17th and ends Sunday evening!! We have a Cessna Caravan coming in to provide 13 jumpers lift capacity up to 13,500-14,000 ft,,, we also have a 206 for hop n pops!! ,All skill levels welcome. come on out and enjoy the open skies in Central Illinois!,, We have plenty of parking and if you want, you can put up a tent for the weekend, staying right at the DZ,. looking for motels and restaurants are only 1-2 miles away, after done jumping, hang out and enjoy the night time at the DZ with friends!.
As always, We have No Registration Fee,, use that money as jump money. Blue Skies!! See u There!!
You can check out our Facebook page or our website for any updated info!

Iago

It's been many years since I was in Taylorville, but I would say stay here.

https://www.marketstreetinn.com/inn.html

But watch out for Joe. He's got the gift of gab and you might end up on the porch talking and miss the whole boogie.

It looks nice but since this is a boogie a room is just someplace I can crash then have a shower when I get up. A couple hundred a night for stuff that seems nice, but I'll never use, is a little steep for what I need.

Bob

Iago

******It's been many years since I was in Taylorville, but I would say stay here.

https://www.marketstreetinn.com/inn.html

But watch out for Joe. He's got the gift of gab and you might end up on the porch talking and miss the whole boogie.

It looks nice but since this is a boogie a room is just someplace I can crash then have a shower when I get up. A couple hundred a night for stuff that seems nice, but I'll never use, is a little steep for what I need.

Bob

Ach, didn't check the prices. They've come up quite a bit since my day. There's a few trucker motels in Taylorville, and a chain place (Days Inn, maybe) we nicknamed the 'red eye.'. A couple of Indians ran it and the place always smelled like curry. Springfield would be your next choice, about 30 minutes.

My primary demand is no bedbugs. And I want A/C. After that I'm pretty flexible. I'm wondering about the Gaslight Motel. It's close enough to walk to the dz (though maybe not with gear).
Anyone familar with it, or have any other recommendations. I'm hoping to arrive late Thursday, check out of the motel Sunday morning and head back to Ohio late that day or night.