voidlizard

Elsinore or Perris or both on this weekend?

Hi, I'm planning to visit Elsinore or Perris on this weekend. In what place I have better chances to jump FF in a group of reasonable size? Angles or vertical.

And what is the situation with accomodation there? Is it possible to rent a place at the dropzone, or I have to find motel/hotel nearby?

Elsinore has an excellent FF/angle staff on hand. We provide LO's for both FS and FF every week end. We have bunk house for sleeping arrangements that cost 7 dollars a night, and a place if you would like to pitch a tent. The good news is they are close enough to each other you can make 2-3 jumps at one place in the morning, and drive to the other for a couple of jumps for afternoon/sunset. In my opinion our FF LO's are top notch.It is one of the reasons why flyfly camp has been held at
Elsinore since 2004 if I recall, and it is home to a 3 time national FF champion.

tikl68

Elsinore has an excellent FF/angle staff on hand. We provide LO's for both FS and FF every week end. We have bunk house for sleeping arrangements that cost 7 dollars a night, and a place if you would like to pitch a tent. The good news is they are close enough to each other you can make 2-3 jumps at one place in the morning, and drive to the other for a couple of jumps for afternoon/sunset. In my opinion our FF LO's are top notch.It is one of the reasons why flyfly camp has been held at
Elsinore since 2004 if I recall, and it is home to a 3 time national FF champion.

Perris has LOs every day of the week, not just weekends so if the OP is looking to go somewhere on a vacation it sounds like Perris is the better fit at least for during the week.

Perris also has Skyvans which is reason by itself to jump there.

Perris is nice with planes moving quick on the weekends. They have freefly Load Organizers. More vertical than angles but the LO can help setup an angle group.

Perris has skyvans but they aren't used often unless an otter is down or bigways are flying. This weekend they would be literal sweat boxes due to the heat forecast.

Oceanside might be the place to go this weekend for freefly and to beat the heat. They tend to focus more on tandems though which I hear leads to some longer call times.

You can't go wrong anywhere you go in So Cal whether its Perris, Elsinore, Oceanside or San Diego.

kat00

Perris has skyvans but they aren't used often unless an otter is down or bigways are flying. This weekend they would be literal sweat boxes due to the heat forecast.

I dont know what you are talking about, they use the Skyvans all day every weekend. They are running from load #1 through sunset every Sat and Sun that I've been there.

Westerly

I dont know what you are talking about, they use the Skyvans all day every weekend. They are running from load #1 through sunset every Sat and Sun that I've been there.

It really depends on the weekend. There was a stretch not far back where one otter was in the hangar for a month or so getting repairs so they had to run a sky van on weekends. Also the big way weekends will often see one skyvan in use. There are a lot more teams training now so its usually the otters. Plus this weekend I hope its both otters due to the temperatures 100+ degree temperatures!

True we normally only have LO's on the week end, but if you read the OP's comment it says,"Elsinore or Perris or both on THIS WEEKEND" and Elsinore also has a skyvan, and 2 caravan, so no having to wait for 10 people to manifest in order to make it worth sending, we will send the caravan with less people needed than an Otter or a Skyvan.