snapxshot

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Skydive Resende is my home DZ and is a 2.5 hour drive from Rio. It's open at the weekends and occasionally on a Friday. It's perhaps a little less organised than some of the big US DZs, but this is South America after all ;)

Another DZ has recently opened around the same distance in the opposite direction out of Rio, but they fly a Cessna 172 and it's jump tickets are quite a lot more expensive.

Let me know if you'd like any other info or help while you're here.

Skydive Resende is my home DZ and is a 2.5 hour drive from Rio. It's open at the weekends and occasionally on a Friday. It's perhaps a little less organised than some of the big US DZs, but this is South America after all ;)

Another DZ has recently opened around the same distance in the opposite direction out of Rio, but they fly a Cessna 172 and it's jump tickets are quite a lot more expensive.

Is this the place? Also saw this one.

For the first one, the banner picture shows a Caravan, but the only aircraft listed is a Cessna 185. A step up from a 172, but not that much of a step.

The second DZ lists a 182 and a 185.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

The first place is the first link, yes, and they fly a Caravan (PT-OGX). I've never seen the 185 there, the listing must be old.

The second link is actually the same dropzone (though the banner photo was taken above the city of Rio). Skydive Resende has several schools who all list themselves online as if they were separate dropzones, but there's one aircraft, one landing area and one manifest. Several of those schools used to jump from Jacarepaguá airport (https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroporto_de_Jacarepagu%C3%A1) actually in the city of Rio, and I believe have used 182/185s from there, but that's apparently rare these days and they've basically moved out to Resende.

The other dropzone I referenced is in Búzios, and they don't have a website, but do have Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skybuziosparaquedismo/. I was wrong, they're actually flying a Cessna 210 (PR-SVT). They opened last month and I havn't actually been there yet.

Having a turbine DZ in the city that I could get a taxi to would be awesome. I hear the shutdown was mostly to do with noise complaints from residents, but I havn't confirmed it. Getting a NOTAM filed so close to two busy commercial airports might also have become more difficult.