jakebaustin

Cheapest DZ in the dallas area

As a general rule there are not discount drop zones. The operating costs and the prices are very similar everywhere. If there is any price difference it would be very small. You are far better off asking what DZ has the best program and going there.

As consumers we are all used to hunting down bargains. But in the small world of skydiving there are no Walmarts. Your profile says you have 400 jumps. Did you take a long layoff or are you asking for a friend?

jakebaustin

Looking for a place where one could do AFF for a decent price. Also affordable jump tickets gear rentals etc.

While you're at it, ask for the cheapest doctor, dentist, lawyer, and accountant too!!

Seriously, when looking for a place to do AFF I think it would be better to ask for the BEST place rather than the cheapest. My recommendation is Skydive Spaceland Dallas. I have been associated with dozens of schools over the years and can say without a doubt that Spaceland's program is the very finest anywhere.

We get what we pay for. "Cheap" is not what I would be looking for. Same goes for jump tickets. Personally, I want the best aircraft with the best maintenance and best pilots. Spaceland has that.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

jakebaustin

Still looking for cheap jump tickets in the dallas area. Any leads would help, Thanks guys!

You seem insistent. Have you ever tried that.. thing, you know, that Groogle thing?
It's like a miracle. You can search the entire webtoobs.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

Skydive Spaceland probably has a jump-all-you-can deal for experienced jumpers. While that doesn't apply to you, if you're absolutely committed, they may be willing to work a deal with you for a large up-front payment. That reduces your per-jump cost.

The thing about DZ's is that there aren't a lot of them around, and they all tend to have the same overhead requirements -- airplanes, gear, instructors, insurance, etc. So price differences will either be small, or reflected in things you might care about, like gear or instruction.

Why does instruction matter? Because it can affect how many jumps it takes to get your license. A better progression might have you making the base 8 levels in 10 jumps, as opposed to 12-15 if you're not getting enough one-on-one time with the instructors to actually understand what you're doing. Skydiving is much more about long-term than short-term goals.

Not to mention all that safety shit B|

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

jakebaustin

Still looking for cheap jump tickets in the dallas area. Any leads would help, Thanks guys!

A License in a week.
Ben Nelson.
Mentor Program

Spaceland has an incredible format that builds and grows jumpers and a community. They are competitively priced with everyone else out there and have several other programs and intangibles that other dropzones just can't compete with. The sport costs a lot of money. If you can't accept that its not for you.

While the "4 seasons pass" as i call it, that Spaceland has to offer is an incredible deal, i find that the weather's a little harry for significant portions of the year. torrential rainfall, flooding, tornados, and hurricanes followed by an unbearably hot & humid summer IMO don't make for a good time. especially for a montana guy like me or when comparing weather to other DZs around the US and their jump ticket prices. Also spending $8,000 in my case is not realistic, as i am looking for the most affordable jump tickets the area has to offer, and not the most expensive jump ticket. That being said im just searching for a DZ where one would go to get a few affordable jumps in IF they find themselves in the north texas area for a few days. Or maybe im looking for more smart ass answers from a person who's supposed to be a representative of the USPA... Mr.Akers. By all means troll on!

Perhaps someone reading this knows of a place that offers block ticket prices in the N. Texas area. For example when a DZ has jump tickets at $25 & and offers one dollar discounts for buying ten tickets. Or five dollars discounted per ticket when purchasing more than 100 etc. This is not a new thing and plenty of DZs do this. And yes google is infact a personal friend of mine, but this is an open forum designed specifically for sharing information, trolling people, and asking skydive and skydiving related questions like the ones i have. When i jumped at what was then called skydive dallas, was 2013 and i hear the DZ has made significant improvements. I wonder did they ever did fix the giant cracks/holes in the landing area or of that was just due to dry weather that year. I do understand the overhead of being a skydiver, i also understand that some dropzones are more affordable than others. Any useful information would be much appreciated, Thanks guys!

jakebaustin

That being said im just searching for a DZ where one would go to get a few affordable jumps in IF they find themselves in the north texas area for a few days. Or maybe im looking for more smart ass answers from a person who's supposed to be a representative of the USPA... Mr.Akers. By all means troll on!

I'll gladly address your comments.

I am not "supposed to be a representative of USPA", I AM a representative of USPA - and more importantly a representative for our members. I am also a skydiver who is entitled to my own views. I am allowed to wear more than one hat.

I wasn't trolling by any stretch of the imagination. Notice that after offering some sarcasm to demonstrate the nature of your mindset, I also offered what most would consider sound advice. Of course you are entitled to your opinions as well.

If you are only going to make a few jumps IF you find yourself in north Texas why is the price of an individual jump ticket so important anyway? This is a dangerous game we play, sir. If a few bucks over a few jumps is that important I submit that you may be evaluating the game wearing blinders.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten (especially when plummeting toward a large planet at high speed)” – Benjamin Franklin
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

There aren't that many dz's in the Dallas area. Call them and ask. Consider the price of gas if somewhere $1.00 cheaper is 100 miles away.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)