GoGoGadget

South African drop zones.

Pretoria Skydiving Club
www.skydivepretoria.com

Johannesburg Skydiving Club (in Carletonville west of JHB)
www.jsc.co.za

Skydive on the Vaal (Deneysville, south of JHB)
www.skydiveonthevaal.co.za

Skydive Robertson (north of Cape Town)
www.skydive.co.za

I've only jumped at PSC and JSC, both are awesome clubs, awesome people to jump with. The other two are very highly recommended by mates of mine who've jumped there.

As per standard, you'll have to bring your kit with in-date reserve card (if you're not hiring club equipment), current license and logbook with your last jump verified. You'll have to pay a minor PASA temporary fee as well as possibly a club fee per day/weekend or whatever. Get onto their websites and send them an email to get the most up-to-date info.

Be advised, the elevation of the three DZ's up in the JHB region is around 5500'. Take care....things happen quicker ;)

Go! You will not regret it!!

For the PASA C license, do you actually have to do a live jump into water, or is it water training in a pool the way the US does it?

C Licence
200 free fall descents.
Hold a valid B licence.
One intentional night jump.
A planned water jump briefing by his CI.
Demonstrated his ability to his Safety Officer (SO)/CI to spot safely and competently.
Have passed the C licence test as administered by the CI.
Have complied with the C licence minima in a recognised discipline.

I've jumped at Skydive Cape Town www.skydivecapetown.co.za, but haven't been there is a few years.

I see you listed a new one (Skydive Robertson), but after looking see it is the group that formerly worked out of Citrusdal where I've also jumped and was a great area. Skydive Cape Town is near Melkbostrand (with coast views). Skydive Robertson's area is nice but is 3x longer drive from Cape Town (see attached).

Do you have any comparison of the two for Cape Town jumping?

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

SA_Jumping_resize.png

RMK

I've jumped at Skydive Cape Town www.skydivecapetown.co.za, but haven't been there is a few years.

I see you listed a new one (Skydive Robertson), but after looking see it is the group that formerly worked out of Citrusdal where I've also jumped and was a great area. Skydive Cape Town is near Melkbostrand (with coast views). Skydive Robertson's area is nice but is 3x longer drive from Cape Town (see attached).

Do you have any comparison of the two for Cape Town jumping?

Skydive Cape Town looks like a tourist tandem factory. I don't see anything about fun jumpers.

I'm afraid I don't. I've never jumped in the Cape area, however, I had a friend from work here in Dubai who jumped in Robertson a few months back, and said it was awesome. If Skydive Cape Town does take fun jumpers, I'm pretty sure the view will be spectacular.

Doing a quick google search, I see there is another DZ...
https://www.mothercityskydiving.co.za/

Looks they're near Malmesbury, about 70km north of CT. Give them a look as well.

Thanks, I had a look at that one also. Looked on Google Maps and distances from near Cape Town waterfront (I used The Cullinan Hotel) are:

38km Skydive Cape Town
78km Mother City SkyDiving
159km Skydive Robertson
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"