baronn

Amerian Made

Just saw the flick and really enjoyed it. I lived in the Keys during the mid 70's and loved fishing for the Columbian bales. Couldn't help but notice how many times in the flick the Skydive Chicago color scheme kept showing up. Apparently Roger is still at his old marketing tricks......

Rodger Nelson story.

So I was a very young sky diver. The old guys, my heroes, that ran the drop zone that I learned at, A little cessna dropzone called Seagullville, the unholy trinity of Doc, Bobby, and Couch, were old friends of Rodger Nelson. They had actually met each other at Freak Brothers back in the day in side one of the speakers, long story.

Couch in particular was friends with Rodger. They had stayed in touch corresponding over the years when he was in prison. They'd talked for years about him coming down to Texas for a visit after he got out. Turned out to be more difficult then you would think, he was on probation and it took a while to get permission for him to travel out of state, etc. Eventually it did happen and I finally had a chance to meat the legendary Rodger Nelson. I expected him to be taller. In any case it was a big dinner party at a fancy restaurant where the floor was covered with peanut shells. We have slightly different standards of fine dining here in the loan star state.

During the course of the meal he stood up and gave a speech/story about his tale of woe, how he went to jail, and how the support of the people there had helped him through that time. It included the story of this government conspiracy, the CIA, some guy named Berry Seal and how he and every one had been betrayed and wrongly jailed. I had never heard of Berry Seal and honestly I stopped lessening about half way through this. It just sounded insane and I seriously wondered if this guy had lost his mind while he was behind bars. I mean, no story that wild could possible be true. It wasn't too long after that that I saw this movie with Dennis Hopper on cable about some guy named Berry Seal. And I was like, No way, That can't possible be true. In retrospect I wish I'd actually payed attention and listened more to that story.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com