Cloudfly

Can you post gofundme links for fellow skydivers?

PhreeZone

To have them posted required approval of the Moderators and site management. Please follow the guidelines in the Bonfire on getting this type of approval prior to posting.

Where does it say I needed to get approval? I read it before i posted. unless I missed something

If you're thinking about creating a thread requesting money, promoting a fundraiser or asking for votes for something - please read this post for some guidelines on what is accepted, what is not and how to go about doing it right.

Donations

As much as we'd love to help everyone with everything, you can imagine how many posts would flood the Bonfire if we were to allow requests for best friend's sister's cat needing money for an operation. If you're looking for donation support, we ask that you follow these guidelines.

1. Make sure that the person in need is a skydiver or direct family of a skydiver.

2. Make sure that the request is worth asking for support. Medical related issues for example is an acceptable reason. Asking for donations because someone needs a new car, obviously is not.

3. Posts by active forum members are more likely to remain than posts by those who pop in or sign up solely to post a thread looking for donations.

normiss

Instead of posting, I would hope everyone buys insurance on themselves.
I have a very hard time with donating to irresponsible people.

Another skydiver did a 270 hook into him around 100 feet. It wasn't his fault. He has insurance. But he isn't going to be able to work for awhile so we are taking donations to help him get back on his feet.