heavision

Footware

Started in skate shoes, those sucked with little shock absorption and zero support, and would split pretty early in their life. Got some Keens with a low profile tread, they are like a light casual hiker style of shoe, with a wind and waterproof membrane in the shoe that keeps toes a lot warmer and dry in winter. Has good toe protection, and they're comfy and strong as. Buy 'em on sale unless you're loaded B|

FlyEpic

Started in skate shoes, those sucked with little shock absorption and zero support,

I have long wondered about that, as some people really like skate shoes for skydiving. I'm used to the shock absorption of running shoes -- for moving around in general -- so when I tried some DC skate shoes for swooping I was disappointed. Nice flat soles, sure, but I put in good quality inserts to get at least a little shock absorption on harder ground.

Individual preferences...

I would recommend basketball shoes.
They are literally made for "jumping" so they have good shock absorbing properties for hard landings, great ankle support to avoid twisting your ankle, and a flat rubber sole than has good grip on the flat plane surfaces but slides on dirt or grass, which are properties you want for your landings.
The most common landing injuries are twisted or broken ankles, most of which could be avoided with good ankle support. Another thing most people don't think about is door-frame strikes while diving out, so some padding around your foot and ankle can save you from bone-to-metal impact.
I wear an older model of Adidas: Crazy-8s and they have saved me on many occasions.