michaelmullins

Refunds

That is actually not true, I refund cc all the time with just the card number even if it was for a purchase made with the physical card, have never had a problem doing this.

Sorry. I was unclear on this. Yes: If they actually know their credit card number, you can key it in. I've never known a customer who could recite their CC number though, if they didn't have their card with them.

Re. the second point:

You look up how much the person is owed

Again, maybe on a DZ this is very straightforward, if you only have accounts with $ amounts on them. In my own business the "you look up what they are owed" is not that straightforward. They might have 10 sessions (=jumps) on their account but that tells me nothing about how these sessions were added to their account and therefore how much they paid for them. They can come from promotions, gift certificates, pre-paid purchases, rewards (like we gave them free sessions for whatever reason), or a combination of all. Looking up how much they are "owed" would be the time consuming procedure. I'd actually have to go back to find the original purchases, at least in some cases--and our regular front-desk staff would be somewhat over-taxed by that task, especially if they are taking care of the regular business at that same time. (again: that would not apply to credit someone has from the same day of jumping--in that case I also don't see any good reason to claim that this would be difficult)

Re. the second point:

You look up how much the person is owed

Again, maybe on a DZ this is very straightforward, if you only have accounts with $ amounts on them. In my own business the "you look up what they are owed" is not that straightforward. They might have 10 sessions (=jumps) on their account but that tells me nothing about how these sessions were added to their account and therefore how much they paid for them. They can come from promotions, gift certificates, pre-paid purchases, rewards (like we gave them free sessions for whatever reason), or a combination of all. Looking up how much they are "owed" would be the time consuming procedure. I'd actually have to go back to find the original purchases, at least in some cases--and our regular front-desk staff would be somewhat over-taxed by that task, especially if they are taking care of the regular business at that same time. (again: that would not apply to credit someone has from the same day of jumping--in that case I also don't see any good reason to claim that this would be difficult)

Answer:
Again, that is not the scope of this discussion. We all know that it can become complicated when 3rd party vendors, block tickets, or discounted tickets are involved. We are discussing money on account for full price tickets or physical tickets. These are easy to refund and no one should allow a DZ to keep their money in this scenario.

dpreguy

DB Cooper. "Guy went to an SOS event, ...weather went bad- guy refused a refund" Most readers would agree that is a bad practice/policy. However, not enough facts there to indict the DZ for bad policy and name them as a bad actor..

If he paid in cash, then he should be outraged and go to this forum to complain about it and name the DZ. Fair enough.

But, if he paid with a credit card, he has to deal with the consequences and all of the stuff outlined in the T dog response.

That is my home DZ. And they have no refunds. At all. Period. Zero. Cash, credit, whatever. Once money is handed over, you will never see it again. It's not on their website, but at manifest, there's a sign.

I fibbed myself on AFF-A, after putting like 500 bucks (cash) into account. Not sure if I will come back to the sport, I asked about refunds. Was told No. What if I will never jump again? Well, you can bring someone and they can do a tandem...

I thought this was the norm, so I annoyed the shit out of DeLand manifest (first DZ after my home DZ I went to) by bring them cash for every jump. When they told me that they will just cash me out at end of day, I was shocked.

Meanee

***DB Cooper. "Guy went to an SOS event, ...weather went bad- guy refused a refund" Most readers would agree that is a bad practice/policy. However, not enough facts there to indict the DZ for bad policy and name them as a bad actor..

If he paid in cash, then he should be outraged and go to this forum to complain about it and name the DZ. Fair enough.

But, if he paid with a credit card, he has to deal with the consequences and all of the stuff outlined in the T dog response.

That is my home DZ. And they have no refunds. At all. Period. Zero. Cash, credit, whatever. Once money is handed over, you will never see it again. It's not on their website, but at manifest, there's a sign.

I fibbed myself on AFF-A, after putting like 500 bucks (cash) into account. Not sure if I will come back to the sport, I asked about refunds. Was told No. What if I will never jump again? Well, you can bring someone and they can do a tandem...

I thought this was the norm, so I annoyed the shit out of DeLand manifest (first DZ after my home DZ I went to) by bring them cash for every jump. When they told me that they will just cash me out at end of day, I was shocked.

What DZ so I know which one to avoid?

GoGoGadget

******DB Cooper. "Guy went to an SOS event, ...weather went bad- guy refused a refund" Most readers would agree that is a bad practice/policy. However, not enough facts there to indict the DZ for bad policy and name them as a bad actor..

What DZ so I know which one to avoid?

They're talking about Sky's the Limit in Stoudsburg, PA.