jbelanger86

Finished AFP 4&5! Feeling more relaxed now :)

These jumps really turned a corner for me. It was the first time I began to feel comfortable with the wind and leaving the plane. I have to share my videos cause I’m just so proud of myself. I still need to work on altitude awareness, and keeping my feel together, but I think I did pretty well. I passed at least lol.

AFP #4: https://youtu.be/U7nDrlXzYZ8

AFP #5 (the best one I think) https://youtu.be/EYzB3Bv1iLk
I might be a little obsessed....

Awesome job! I love reading the enthusiasm, it reminds me of when I first started. I was sharing my videos with anyone who would listen. :P Any line twists on that level 5 jump? You'll figure out the turns, just takes some practice. 10-15 minutes in a wind tunnel can help get there faster, but as long as you're not having to repeat levels I say spend your money on jump tickets. B|

Max Peck
What's the point of having top secret code names, fellas, if we ain't gonna use 'em?

Yeah, i guess im not so different. Im not normally the type to brag but its soooo hard to resist. LOL.

Luckily no line twists, after watching the video i was wondering why, because I was in a spin when i opened. Cant seem to figure out how to stay stable on pull, i always turn to the left.

I honestly would have liked some tunnel time before level 5, cause i was so nervous about being on my own, but now that ive felt the controls (arms and legs) I think I will probably be ok.

jbelanger86

You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I can't actually remember who I got this from - someone on this forum, quoting a non-jumper, yes! I was tickled.

Coaching on the internet is worth what you paid for it so I won't indulge, here, but: there's a very good reason you are turning when you pull, and your instructors will definitely be able to point it out. It's a simple thing that will go away with practice and awareness - you are really close.

(Similarly when you check your alti you turn - body awareness will come.)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Joellercoaster

***You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I can't actually remember who I got this from - someone on this forum, quoting a non-jumper, yes! I was tickled.

Sometimes I have an amazing memory for small details like that.

Other times I can't remember to tie my own shoes.

IIRC (and it's kind of a coin toss on this one), it was one of John Mitchell's ATC coworkers who originally said it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Yes! I thought it might have been a post of his too but I wasn't 100%. Ordinarily I would have an attribution for the quote, but the signature limit on dz.com doesn't give me enough room.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Coaching on the internet is worth what you paid for it so I won't indulge, here, but: there's a very good reason you are turning when you pull, and your instructors will definitely be able to point it out. It's a simple thing that will go away with practice and awareness - you are really close.

(Similarly when you check your alti you turn - body awareness will come.)

I always take what I hear with a grain of salt, it’s still nice to have y’all take a look and throw out ur opinion. I always ask my instructor if there’s something that interests me that I hear 😁