skydiverek

MUST SEE: student cuts away below 250 feet / 75 meters! VIDEO

frontfloater

"I would also add that this was NOT a Skyhook save"

The pilot-chute comes out so fast that I find it very hard to believe a first-timer or novice could pull the reserve handle so fast after pulling the cutaway pad. If it isn't a Skyhook it must surely be an SOS or other single-point dual action system...

Well clearly it’s not a skyhook as the makn didn’t pull the freebag out. You can see her go into freefall and the PC launch out and deploy the reserve. It was obviously an RSL or SOS handle but definitely not a skyhook.
Whats the point of living if you aren't doing what you love?

frontfloater

The pilot-chute comes out so fast that I find it very hard to believe a first-timer or novice could pull the reserve handle so fast after pulling the cutaway pad. If it isn't a Skyhook it must surely be an SOS or other single-point dual action system...

Looks like a typical RSL activation to me. SOS would not be any faster.

-Mark

yoink

I'd love a translation of what the instructors were shouting over the radio...

Audio is very quiet and noisy, so it's not easy to figure out exactly. The voices of people laughing do not sound like they're instructors or in any way involved in handling the student. What's being said is roughly:

• [laughing]... [inaudible with lots of cursing]... fuck me
  • [student starts to turn hard and kick their legs][different voice, shouting]: OK, easy! You got this, easy, don't spin it! Easy, just head into the wind!
  • [sound of reserve deploying, shouting]: FUCK ME!

"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."