mxk

Opt out of contact information appearing on any lists occasionally sold by USPA

...should not be an option in your USPA profile. But unfortunately, it is.

One year ago when the Sigma nonsense was happening, Ed Scott offered, and I requested, to remove me from all USPA member information selling endeavors. Logged in this evening to renew my license and saw that this option was set to "No".

There was an opt out option even before that, but USPA switched to a new membership database system in December. Somehow this was the only profile setting that didn't get migrated correctly. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake. :|

USPA & Ed Scott: Shame on you for selling your member information and for not honoring opt out requests.

mxk

...should not be an option in your USPA profile. But unfortunately, it is.

One year ago when the Sigma nonsense was happening, Ed Scott offered, and I requested, to remove me from all USPA member information selling endeavors. Logged in this evening to renew my license and saw that this option was set to "No".

There was an opt out option even before that, but USPA switched to a new membership database system in December. Somehow this was the only profile setting that didn't get migrated correctly. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake. :|

USPA & Ed Scott: Shame on you for selling your member information and for not honoring opt out requests.

Thanks for letting us know. I missed that. It really is a shame isn't it?