jbelanger86

3 Ring

So I’m in SC, Home DZ is Skydive Carolina. Unfortunately we haven’t had the best weather this year. I’m in AFF and skydiving is on my mind constantly. So when I couldn’t jump this weekend I decided to get crafty :) Now I get to wear a 3 ring around my neck! I’m really proud that they turned out as great as they do!! Check out the photos! What do u think?
I might be a little obsessed....

03EF3F01-E40D-4849-8D22-0A6CD0D57833.jpeg

37DC7F44-43B7-452F-9622-06DC87F622F2.jpeg

He patented it probably in the late 1970's. A wonderful application for skydiving cutaways. My balloon friends remember using the design in the 1960's for a tether release. Works great under load. Just think if someone could come up with the next step, something even simpler. So far, it is a great application.

jbelanger86

So I’m in SC, Home DZ is Skydive Carolina. Unfortunately we haven’t had the best weather this year. I’m in AFF and skydiving is on my mind constantly. So when I couldn’t jump this weekend I decided to get crafty :) Now I get to wear a 3 ring around my neck! I’m really proud that they turned out as great as they do!! Check out the photos! What do u think?

The next sunny weekend the DZO opens up the hangar, looks at the gear rack and says "uh....wait......what happened to all these rigs? Where are the three ring set?"

gb1

He patented it probably in the late 1970's. A wonderful application for skydiving cutaways. My balloon friends remember using the design in the 1960's for a tether release. Works great under load. Just think if someone could come up with the next step, something even simpler. So far, it is a great application.

I believe the patent was a US patent only and had 20 year life or something close to that and therefore is now expired. The US patent resulted in copies in UK, France and a couple of other places that allowed manufacturers to build rigs without paying RWS any royalty.

Patents are indeed 20 years. Patents only apply for a country where you've applied for it. So if you apply for a patent in the US someone in france is free to copy it in the French market but can't export it to the US. You allso have to apply for all countries where you want the patent at once. To recieve a patent your idea has to be novel and if there is a patent in another country for the same thing even if it is yours it is no longer novel.

RiggerLee

C'mon Lee, you've been around here long enough.

Fixed it because it's one of my top 5 "skydiving videos that have nothing to do with jumping".
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

You've been here long enough to know that if it was linked correctly...no one would believe that Lee actually posted that.
I an sruprised to sea that their aare mo seppling miskates.

For the record. Lee is a national treasure and one of the best reasons to come to DZ.com.
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers