NiroSwiss

Insurance Switzerland and EU

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help out here. I am living in Swiss, and will be jumping in Swiss and EU. Mostly Swiss, Italy and Austria.

I asked around but did not get a clear awnser, as most ppl have insurance in the country they live and only cover that spesific country.

So i am looking for a (accident) insurance that can cover me over all EU+Swiss..

Thanks a lot!:)

Thanks for the feedback

I just started to live and work in Swiss.

As i am located in the south, so its a short trip to Austria and Italy. I just arrived here in Swiss so i am still "exploring" DZs. (suggestions are welcome)

Health insurance i have (CSS) but as far as i know they don't cover anything with aviation.

Also i was told that for Swiss i need to had insurance on my main?

Before in my "home" country i had a additional insurance (was mandatory) that was purely for Skydives..

I don't think there are any rules that apply to all EU countries, there are lots of differences.

For instance, I am a member of KNVvL (the Dutch version of USPA), which includes additional insurance for third party damage. They only cover the damage that your primary insurance (which is mandatory here I think) does not.
When jumping abroad this is mostly accepted in most countries; Belgium, Spain, Germany, US (as long as I mention it to them beforehand), Portugal is no problem. But not in France!! They require an additional insurance and membership of their national organisation.

Medical insurance is also something you may need to check. I am covered for anything anywhere because we have good healthcare here.

Damage to my own stuff (canopy in case of cut-away, loosing a camera) is a different, optional insurance that is also available here for about E100,- a year.

So short answer: I don't know, but you will need to check local regulations

Provided you work more than 8 hours per week, accident insurance is paid by your employer. What you need extra is a 3rd party liability insurance (if you jump private gear). You can get that via Swissskydive on their website. Write to the federation secretary, he can help you with that.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The Swiss 3rd party insurance was also valid at DZs in Germany that I visited. Not sure about Austria and Italy, but in Germany, they were looking for minimum 1M EUR liability coverage - Switzerland 3rd party currently covers you for 10M CHF worldwide.

I do know that it is not accepted in the UK or in the US at USPA dropzones since they only accept the insurance arranged through their governing organizations.

See here on the Swiss Skydive site for insurance...
http://www.swissskydive.org/index.php/de/versicherung/jahresversicherung-fuer-mitglieder

Will cost around 200 CHF per year for the membership of the Swiss Aero club and the insurance - can't get the insurance (75 CHF) unless you're a member!

Hello Swiss-Jumpers,

Today i recieved by post "aero club of Switzerland" 2018 Card its 124 CHF.

Also inculded the bill, there are some information folders (Some spam, but also a "versichertsein" info..)

Does the member card (the 124 CHF) now also include insurance? If so what are the conditions..? Or do i need to separate make a insurance??

Thanks

EDIT: I already found the info on the website: https://www.swissskydive.org/de/skydiver/#versicherung