Bud_T

Aerodyne Icon harness sizing

Does anyone know much about the icon harness sizes. I'm looking at used rigs and see harness sizes such as, "F-B-G-E" & "C-A-A-E"; I'm curious as to what size each letter corresponds to. I've searched aerodynes website (to no evail) and tried to call (no answer probably because of the holidays). ...Hoping for some help from you knowledgeable folks for answers. :-)

Every harness has 4 important measurements in order to fit correctly.
Those are yoke, main lift webbing, laterals, legstraps. I think Aerodyne has them lined up exactly like this. "A" is the smallest they have and "G" is the largest. I think the difference between sizes is 1 inch .
I hope any of this makes sense , and as always, the manufacturer will be the best source for that kind of info.
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Okay, found something on a owners manual .PDF online...

ICON HARNESS SIZE:
The Icon Harness is produced in the following sizes:
A= XX-Special E= Large
B= X-Small F= X-Large
C= Small G= XX-Large
D= Medium H= XXX-Large

Assuming the size "C-A-A-E" is in the order Yoke, MLW, Laterals, & leg strap. The harness size is:
Yoke= Small
MLW= XX Special
Laterals= XX Special
Leg strap= Large

How's that sound? Oh, how I love assuming. :D

I know this is an older post, but if someone searches "Aerodyne harness size", this post is in the results--and the above response is incorrect. Please see the attached PDF.

MLW, chest strap, laterals, leg straps/pads is the correct order of measurements. It makes a huge difference. I have a used system on the way that likely isn't going to fit me based off of the information above.

2018_05_14_09_05_09.pdf

And for anyone who finds themselves approaching a similar situation: it's never a bad idea to run a serial number and *your* measurements past a manufacturer before committing to a used rig purchase. I have done this and it helped me avoid bad purchases, and the manufacturers don't seem to mind.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:53 AM, dgrabowski said:

I think that since the dropzone converstion to the new format, some things like embedded files got broken.

Here's the sizing chart.

ICON Harness Sizing Chart.pdf

I have a rig coming with measurements EGFE.  Going off this chart everything seems to be about right for me... one thing I did have a question about was that the chest strap length was "G" , but according to this chart only A&B exist (unless I'm reading it wrong).  Does G just mean a super long chest strap?