2 2
obelixtim

Cilliers Trial UK.

skydog

You re-opened this thread to show your Poirot like investigation into the case after it was shut down.

I thought it was interesting that someone, Obelixtim in this case, did a little digging and brought us information, once the trial started happening.

His analysis seems to be one reasonable point of view. If he's a little opinionated (on dropzone? say it isn't so!), or I don't agree with every opinion of his, or I don't know exactly what year he last dropped a static line student, it doesn't bother me much. I'd just stick to information about the attempted murder trial.

skydog

Typical bluffers tactic......

Smoke and mirrors. What instructor ratings do you currently hold (Have you ever been a TI or AFFI) & when was the last static line course?

I won't be holding my breath.

And just because you have some rating doesn't necessarily mean you are super experienced or clear thinking, you have just merely attained a rating. And the absence of a rating doesn't mean you are automatically a toad either.

Jump more, post less!

topdocker

***Typical bluffers tactic......

Smoke and mirrors. What instructor ratings do you currently hold (Have you ever been a TI or AFFI) & when was the last static line course?

I won't be holding my breath.

And just because you have some rating doesn't necessarily mean you are super experienced or clear thinking, you have just merely attained a rating. And the absence of a rating doesn't mean you are automatically a toad either.

If that what it was mearly about then I would agree with you.

However, this is one of many occasions where advice/ "experience" and reprimands have been given without substantive backing.

Sometimes these people need to be called out.
Journey not destination.....

More testimony this week. This quote is from the victim on the stand:

Physiotherapist Mrs Cilliers said the chances of a main parachute failing was one in 750 jumps but for the reserve to fail as well was "one-in-a-million".

She suffered broken vertebrae, ribs and pelvis in the fall.

"The last thing I remember is trying to get some kind of control over it, trying to open as many cells as I could then everything went black," she said.

"I do not know if it was the G force or the impact but everything cut out."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-41759492
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

skydog

Blah Blah.

You are a Walter Mitty.

I can substantiate my experience but you are a massive bluffer.

I may not be able to re-find where you "claimed" seeing countless incidents but that is not the centre of this matter.

You re-opened this thread to show your Poirot like investigation into the case after it was shut down. What you have shown is that your claims of experience are clearly fake.

Bluff on Walter.

There are plenty of people who can substantiate my experience. You know so many people, why don't you ask them. I was talking to the NZ PIA boss a few months ago.....

I do know when the last static line course was run in NZ, because the DZ that did them were leasing 4 of my student rigs at the time.

They were returned to me when the DZO sold his business. I do know when that was. I still have all my student rigs, why might that be?

I'm not answering your questions because I choose not to dance to your tune, not because I can't answer them. I don't have to justify myself to you.

To quote yourself...."I can't be arsed".

I may not be able to re-find where you "claimed" seeing countless incidents but that is not the centre of this matter.

But it is to me......you have come on here, slagging me off, making claims about what I said, I explained that point to you, but not good enough. I've asked you to put up....now you claim to not be able to find it. The answer is obvious of course...because there is nothing to find. You are full of BS.

Ex military are you? Catering corps I expect.....

Now sonny....stick to the topic, or.....GTF off my thread!

Edited to add: And thanks to a couple of posters who have backed me up a little. I didn't intend this thread to become a shit fight, at least until this clown showed up. Apologies for that.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

You re-opened this thread to show your Poirot like investigation into the case after it was shut down.

Thanks to obelixtim for starting this thread. A similar thread was blocked in the incidents forum because it had drifted far away from discussions of the incident. It is an interesting case. The pissing match between the two of you is very uninteresting.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

obelixtim

***Blah Blah.

You are a Walter Mitty.

I can substantiate my experience but you are a massive bluffer.

You re-opened this thread to show your Poirot like investigation into the case after it was shut down. What you have shown is that your claims of experience are clearly fake.

Bluff on Walter.

There are plenty of people who can substantiate my experience. You know so many people, why don't you ask them. I was talking to the NZ PIA boss a few months ago.....

I do know when the last static line course was run in NZ, because the DZ that did them were leasing 4 of my student rigs at the time.

They were returned to me when the DZO sold his business. I do know when that was. I still have all my student rigs, why might that be?

I'm not answering your questions because I choose not to dance to your tune, not because I can't answer them. I don't have to justify myself to you.

To quote yourself...."I can't be arsed".

But it is to me......you have come on here, slagging me off, making claims about what I said, I explained that point to you, but not good enough. I've asked you to put up....now you claim to not be able to find it. The answer is obvious of course...because there is nothing to find. You are full of BS.

Ex military are you? Catering corps I expect.....

Now sonny....stick to the topic, or.....GTF off my thread!

Edited to add: And thanks to a couple of posters who have backed me up a little. I didn't intend this thread to become a shit fight, at least until this clown showed up. Apologies for that.

Don't patronise me Tim. I have checked and you hold neither rating.

Therefore all your "advice" in many threads berating individuals is bogus.

Keep on letting others believe you have masses of experience.

My ratings are not current in NZ, I never said that....but then I don't live in NZ and haven't for some time.

But you didn't know that, did you....

Like a few other things you don't know.

I'm done with you. Go cook some eggs.

obelixtim

My ratings are not current in NZ, I never said that....but then I don't live in NZ and haven't for some time.

But you didn't know that, did you....

Like a few other things you don't know.

I'm done with you. Go cook some eggs.

Spain recently and the UK before that!

So how did you manage this?
"I hope, it is as you say, that attitudes have changed, but as recently as a year ago I helped British student who was been given a real run around, was ripped off, given the bowling speech, as someone who was a danger to herself and others and who was impossible to train. I sorted her issues out very quickly, and she has now done over a hundred jumps. Safely. "

What's that smell..........my eggs are done!

Damn, I promised myself to ignore you, but as you are obviously intent on confirming idiot status, I can't resist.

Since you asked, I responded to a PM on here from a student who was struggling, and who asked for my advice.

We exchanged PMs and met up in London for a few hours where we discussed the problems she was having with the AFF wanker at Hinton, and how to solve the problem she was having with her FF.

I advised her to GTF out of the UK and go to a DZ in Europe, and gave her contacts of several DZs in Europe, in Holland, Germany and Spain. She went to Spain and flew through her AFF course, and regularly PMs me about her progress.

So we simply talked.

I realise such a concept might be difficult for you to understand.

You don't not teach AFF at Hinton by any chance? If so, I'd like a word with you, face to face.

In the meantime, have you stopped licking windows yet?

Apologies for the pissing contest, it does nothing for me either.

In other news, it looks like the defence has begun its turn in the trial. Its going to be interesting to see how this pans out, but I think he has a chance when it comes to reasonable doubt.

The main parachute problem seems to be line twists, and he is accused of putting in the line twists.

Line twists by themselves don't guarantee a cutaway, so if he did mess with her main, why not put a proper tangle in it to guarantee an malfunction? Especially as he's been described as an expert packer. Something doesn't add up.

Victoria Cilliers obviously has an axe to grind with him (and fair enough considering his cheating) that predates the incident, but some of her statements seem to give him the benefit of some doubt, and the defence will probably jump on that.

I think he may have a chance of getting off.

Hypothetical question:

If any rigger, anywhere, did not check slinks as vigorously as he said he did, and something like this happened, what would his likely response be to questions about doing so?

I think it would be a very difficult thing for any rigger to admit. Career and trust ending probably.

A good case for videoing each stage of your checking procedure, as someone has suggested. Something for every rigger to consider.

IJskonijn

*********Both of you - enough. Take it to PM's.

But we want to watch!

Agreed - the most entertaining thread in a ling time.

Aww man! I just got the popcorn out of the microwave!

Bunch of shit stirring spectators, the lot of you!!!

;)

Surprised it took Bill so long to come along with the big stick.

Cilliers today on the stand.

Claiming that it is possible somebody else sabotaged the gear. Somehow, I don't think that one will fly with the jury.

Prosecution basically laughed in his face.....

Not doing himself any favours and prolly digging himself into a hole.

Making that statement means he is basically acknowledging that the rig was sabotaged, which blows any defence he may have had claiming that the slinks might have been incorrectly installed.

Surprised his lawyer let him make that statement.

I think his goose is cooked......

obelixtim

Cilliers today on the stand.

Claiming that it is possible somebody else sabotaged the gear. Somehow, I don't think that one will fly with the jury.

Prosecution basically laughed in his face.....

Where are you getting that info?