Smitty23

How long is the commute to your home DZ?

4 hours each way for me. I do it as a day trip and normally do 6 wingsuit jumps per day. 7 jumps would leave me dangerously tired on the return trip.

This last year was a bit slow but before that, 2 times a month was common, on average.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

piisfish

15 minutes

. Damn if I lived that close I’d either have to either get my ratings. And on staff. Or get a second job. Or both. ;)
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

***15 minutes

. Damn if I lived that close I’d either have to either get my ratings. And on staff. Or get a second job. Or both. ;)that’s after I moved. Used to be 5 minutes.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hour and a half one way.

I have 3 dropzones approximately same distance from home. I just pick the one that costs a bit less in tolls and is not far from interstate.

One requires you to drive through a shitload of backroads. Another one is a toll road all the way to it and then some backroads.

Smitty23

How long does it take you to travel to your home dropzone?

I've relocated and the DZ I intend to jump at next year is about 1 hour 10 mins away, which isn't too bad.

Does anyone have a mega commute they do regularly?

Depends if im in the car or on the bike, the car takes me about 40 minutes, the bike i can do it in about 25 minutes :)

Currently 1h15 - 1h20. On the way back more like 1h30. Used to be 45 min at one point, but then I moved and the DZ commute increased (but also my work commute went from almost an hour down to about 6 minutes or 8 by bike, so it's still a massive win).
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

1 hour 10 minutes.

I am a dad with kids, job, wife, house, etc - so I can't be at the DZ all weekend every weekend. Usually I jump every Saturday and I go out early early and head home after lunch. That works really well for me.
=========Shaun ==========